Official Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

cold and gloom not going away... too cold to do anything... and I have another project that is backlogged months before I can get this one going :(

surely you have had a few sunny day's to take a picture of it now!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L with 102k on it :( (Work truck, has gone to hell and back)

@king, How old do you have to be to get your license over there?

in the UK it's 17 once you pass, no need for anyone else in the car ;)

lol, what is the point in having a parent in the car, the idea of driving is that you don't have to get your parents to stop what they are doing a drive you somewhere but if they have to be in the car then they might as well be driving lol.

the idea is so you LEARN to drive. they're there to supervise

so what if someone chooses to "learn" to drive after the age of a required senior (21 y/o)? are you saying that person won't learn? ;)

lol, what is the point in having a parent in the car, the idea of driving is that you don't have to get your parents to stop what they are doing a drive you somewhere but if they have to be in the car then they might as well be driving lol.

someone hasn't hit 15 yet

@king & Silver, ouch! Over here we get our permit at 15 (supervised by parents) then license at 16, then a horizontal license at 18

so what if someone chooses to "learn" to drive after the age of a required senior (21 y/o)? are you saying that person won't learn? ;)

it has something to do with liabilty and a generalization of self control. I forget what the exact reason behind it was. I know in michigan I was one of the last ones to go unrestricted @ 16. now it's 16 to get a restricted, 18 to go unrestricted... of course no one actually follows the law :( though in the long run it HAS cut down on the number of 16 yr old kids getting killed / killing anyone on the roads.

a horizontal license actually has NOTHING to with driving. it has to do with bars. the horizontal one is handed out at 21 in michigan. while the vertical is under 21. makes it really quick to identify the under 21 crowd, and makes it impossible for them to modify thier license in order to fake it.

it has something to do with liabilty and a generalization of self control. I forget what the exact reason behind it was. I know in michigan I was one of the last ones to go unrestricted @ 16. now it's 16 to get a restricted, 18 to go unrestricted... of course no one actually follows the law :( though in the long run it HAS cut down on the number of 16 yr old kids getting killed / killing anyone on the roads.

a horizontal license actually has NOTHING to with driving. it has to do with bars. the horizontal one is handed out at 21 in michigan. while the vertical is under 21. makes it really quick to identify the under 21 crowd, and makes it impossible for them to modify thier license in order to fake it.

Oops, your right, horizontal is at 21 here in AZ as well

• 4 weeks later...