*sigh*

airman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to control panel>administrative tools>services... look for the folding @ home service and right click.  select properties. then select disable.  then delete the folding at home files and download the new version

396464[/snapback]

yeah, i knwo that much, but how do i get the service removed from the list? just bothers em that it is there, suppose it is a registry entry huh?

yeah, i knwo that much, but how do i get the service removed from the list?  just bothers em that it is there, suppose it is a registry entry huh?

396608[/snapback]

If you have instsrv.exe loaded, you can stop the service and then type instsrv folding remove, where folding is the name of the folding service.

WOAH tell me how to do that!!!

After you have insalled v 5.02, during the configuration process there is an option to specify large work units. I believe it is under the advanced options. Or you could edit your client.cfg file to look like this:

[settings]

username=Nemo

team=12772

asknet=no

machineid=1

local=168

bigpackets=yes

Remember, this only works for version 5.xx . and it's no guatantee you'll get the big work units. It took me a couple of weeks to get one.

Those stats shows that you and the other guy have had wu's that gave you more than 600 points aiRman appears to have had one that gave him 850, I want one of those.

Since i have upgraded actually i have only had 600 pointers, i'm on my third right now. I think it is also based on performance, not just what console you have, cos i have another machine here with a 333mhz processor in it and it certainly is not getting 600 point wu's.

I've also been getting a lot of these 600 pointers. I've got the same one running on both my athlon xp, and my athlon 64. The athlon 64 runs 10 minutes faster per frame! I'm loving these 600 pointers. I had a lot of problems with my folder last week, and I was still able to pull 2000pts during the week due to the 600 pointers :-D

man....i like running mine as a service so i don't have to worry about closin it on accident...is there a way to take the console version 5.02 and make it into a service?

396643[/snapback]

You can manually set up folding as a service following this guide. It's not as hard as it seems. I've used this guide with no problems. Good luck!

Man I haven't gotton a single 600 pointer. I knwo some of my rigs are using older versions. But some have new installs and still arn't gettign them ( yes big units tag is on) bummer :( I guess I'll just have to fight it out the hard way.

Yes, it's almost definitely because you are using version 4.  Version 5.02 has an option for big work units and that's what you need to set to get the 600 pointers.

396357[/snapback]

Nice info. I did wonder why my production had dropped WAY down. Just twiddled the option, hopefully I might get it back up again now :(