New Video Card Or Ram?

Cyberbeer

I'm gonna have about $250-300 to spend on anything here in the next 2 weeks. Should I opt for a new video card or some new RAM. Both are in my sig. I've had no problems with the RAM, but the vid card is definently limiting me. Could you also list suggestions on what to get, I've kinda had my heart set on getting a 9800 Pro, but if I can get something better please list. It has to be AGP, and please ATI only.

Oh and of course either route I go it has to be overclockable :).

well, until you said it has to be agp and ati, i had an answer, a 6600GT or 6800nu agp card, would beat a 9800 pro, but since you insist on ati, i guess you are going to be stuck with a 9800 pro for that money

Ok perhaps I should remove that constraint, it can be ATI or NVidia. But it does have to be AGP, since my mobo doesnt have PCI-Express. I do want the card to however, be able to run AA and AF I could possibly save upto 400 may just take me another week. Should I invest into a bigger PSU with a new vid card since I know the new ones all use 4 pins for more power.

Since I will eventually upgrade my RAM what speed should I buy for a system overclocked between 3.6 and 3.75GHz. CPU specs are in sig.

If you go the Video card rought which i think is best if you are a gammer, then I'd really recomend the 6800NU at higher resolutions it completly destroys the 8 pipline cards, and if you can save up the 6800GT is about the best buy there is. Now I've had bot ATI and nVidia cards Both have their advantages but right now if you aren't playing Half Life 2 only, I think the nVidia cards are much better rounded. And somewhat easyer to get ahold of...

About the RAM, how much do you have, because if its less them a half gig I'd defenatly get more. As far as what PC ratting jsut take your FSB (200 stock) and multiply by 16 to get your PC rating. 200*16 = 3200 :) so if you OC to 250, 250*16 = 4000 a very common number. Just look at what your FSB is and decide

I may save up for the X800 Pro or XT. Sapphire or ATI, stock cooling or vantec or something...for both of the ATI cards. Thanks for the input on the RAM too.

As for RAM what brand should I go with this time. Kingston, Mushkin, or Cosair. I've had no problems with the HyperX I have now, and overclocked it pretty good for it only being PC3000.

Edited by Cyberbeer