• Left
    • I like using both
    • I dont use a watch

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to wear a watch at all times. But between skateboarding amd biking i was destroying a watch a week and i didn't feel like buying a nice watch then see it get destroyed and i didn't want to buy some cheapo watch that would break on it's own. so i just stopped all together. so i'm always late for everything cause i'm too lazy to look at my cell phone oh well lol.

I've always wondered this too... Good question because a lot of my friends are left handed so they put their watches on their right hand... I wear mine on my left, because I'm right-handed. Is that the proper way to wear it or is it just preference?

pretty much all righties wear it on the left hand. Lefties I've seen both ways, but most on the right hand....the reason why righties wear it on the left and lefties on the right, traditionally, is due to the fact that if it was on your writing hand, it would be knocking against the table as you write.

anyways, I'm normal, and wear it on my left.

a better question would be whether you wear it with the face out or the face in. I think those that wear it facing in are weird :P

Here's my watch, btw (kinda looks cartoonish in the pic, but it's what they had on the site...i don't feel like whipping out my digcam :P):

Im right handed, and of course, I where my watch on my left hand.

Ummm... is this a conspiracy? :lol:

I'm left handed, so naturally... I wear my watch on my left hand :D

BTW 10% of the world's population are left handed (south pawed :P) 20% of which are Australians... go figure! :P

a better question would be whether you wear it with the face out or the face in. I think those that wear it facing in are weird

The history of this practice could stem from the more physical 'hands on' industrial occupations... ie. mechanics/painters/construction workers etc. as this orientation protects the face of the 'time piece' from sustaining serious damage ;)

Friggin sweet taz! I'm lefty and wear my watch on my left hand too!!! BTW, my friend (also a southpaw) has a book about us lefties from a year ago, it's 11% worldwide....

Also, southpaw came from a baseball term regarding left handed pitchers ;)

rant=1

A lot of things are tough on us left handed people...

We have to purchase special guitars for a higher price (even though it's the same model as the right handed one for $100 less)

We are forced to use can openers that are a pain in the butt

We have to cut with uncomfortable scissors molded for the right hand that won't cut correctly due to the blade pressure being reversed

Take pictures with cameras using buttons on the right side

Adjust our watches with a mechanism for righties (the reason I wear my watch this way)

Use knives in our right hand since the blade is edged for righties

And to top it all off, my MX700 is even against me!! YOU TRY USING THOSE TWO SCROLL BUTTONS AT THE SIDE WITH YOUR PINKY! :angry:

You righties have no idea how tough it is living in "your world" :P

It's so bad that here in NY, ALL the metro card scanners for the subway are on the right side... Trust me, carrying grocery bags through a turnstyle while having to cross your hand over to swipe a card ain't fun.

It's things like this that really get on my nerves (check the price)...

I do have one advantage to those of you with cars in the USA... I can drive a stick better, naturally ;)

rant=0

well i want to continue using my watch in my right hand... but after a month of having it on the left.. b/.c of the cast... im using it on the left... and this is my watch

i got a gshock :P