Dude

gravy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and what kinda psu that thing require??? my 450 watt prolly will barely handle the gt, let alone not run the ultra......

anyone know when the 6600 gt hits the agp market? that will own...... nice card, cheaper. good for us broke ppl....

that would be the 6800 ultra, not the extreme edition

I guess that is what i get for going to anandtech for info:

We don't have any pricing information on the 6800 Ultra Extreme, but it will likely be very high as Ultras are going for $540 USD. We have been told by eVGA that the Ultra cards should retail for $500 while the Ultra Extremes should be $540...

...as your link shows, apparently they did start distributing them in June. Looks like the old supply and demand theory took this one to the roof.

:foldon:

yeah, everywhere i have seen it is around a thousand bucks

it's all about bragging rights, and having the fastest card out to date

the guy works for General Electric and he is a clan leader for a clan playing one of those new mmorpg's, so he likely is single and makes a ton of money

And quite possibly no girlfriend.... I would know  :P

yeah bro, if my gf found out i spent 9 bills on a card...rofl

She gets pissed when i get new paintball guns (1.4k-2k) imagen 900 for a little card...rofl, i mostly get my guns free now lol (sponsors :) )

I could never spend that much anyway... id have a hard time living with myself if i paid 450...plus every week there is a newer faster card, bragging rights dont last long... Plus who do i brag to...lol friends? Team mates? theyd be like "68 wha?"

Edited by p8baller07

from what i have read, i would have bought the ultra for 500-550 and overclocked it to the EE speeds, that's all the EE is.........

Yea that and braging rights.

So where is this monarch computers in atlanta, I'm over at GTech and wouldn't mind hopping over to look at a "real" computer store! Dang we sould get a Hotlanta lan party going on LOL :rolleyes: