Final Debate

Special_K

Yes they had him cornered and still GW went after the wrong person. All the troops that was sent to Iraq should have been send after Osama who attacked U.S. But hey Bush still thinks Osama is cornered up oh well I guess he can see things clearly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AyOkOnA or whatever, you are a conservative zealot, to even attempt to debate anything political with you is the definition of futility. 

Who said I wasn't conservatively biased. Obviously I have my views toward being a conservative and nothing will change that, but I am also socially liberal. Furthermore one cannot be considered a zealot when he condemns Bush for many of his plans.

I am against the ban-gay marriage amendment

I am Pro-Choice

I am against the war on drugs

I am against farmings subsidies, nasa funding, stem cell research funding, heck any type of federal tax dollar funding.

I was against the prescription drug benefits that Bush signed

Heck I am against the fact that Bush has NOT shrunk down on Gov't in his last 4 years. Even in the debate he did not talk about cutting all gov't programs. He needs to do this if we are to devolutionize the federal gov't.

Don't label me as a conservative zealot if you don't even know what I stand for.

I am a Republitarian (Libertarian/Republican)

One more thing caxis, don't come on here telling everyone you are a fiscal conservative, later stating that you were against the tax cuts. You can't be against a tax cut, and be a fiscal conservative voting for Kerry who is going to RAISE taxes.

Its an oxy-moron in itself.

Agentorange: I just don't like when people say I said something when I never did. Its my pet peeve. ;)

I think part of the deffinition of a fiscal conservative is being against tax cuts. If you continue taking money away from the government, even the smallest amount of spending will make you into a fiscal liberal (is that a term? pretend it is for now lol) because you will be spending more than you have. The only way to be fiscally conservative is to, at the very least, give the government enough money and that isn't accomplished through tax cuts oddly enough.

Ayo, you just listed a bunch of things that make you look like a Kerry supporter. Are you saying that basically the only thing you don't agree with Kerry on is his economics? Kerry has a similar stance to Clinton who managed to bring the economy to the highest point in almost the entire American history. Bush has managed to destroy that beautiful economy we had going and yet you still support his economics? Don't reply. I don't care what you think and I don't want to get into an argument, I just wanted to get you thinking about that.

One more thing caxis, don't come on here telling everyone you are a fiscal conservative, later stating that you were against the tax cuts. You can't be against a tax cut, and be a fiscal conservative voting for Kerry who is going to RAISE taxes.

Its an oxy-moron in itself.

Please explain to me how cutting our national income while increasing our national spending is fiscally conservative. Neocons=Don't Tax and Spend Anyway--it is a disaster and it will be a burden on our childrens children. It's 100% WRONG.

I'm all for tax cuts, but if you are going to cut taxes, then make sure the budget is still balanced. Don't just give everyone a handout at the cost of exploding the national debt--I mean, do we just enjoy throwing away money on the interest we have to pay back? How is this fiscally conservative? Please, explain it to me like I am three!

200 BILLION dollars wasted on a war that had nothing to do with Osama Bin Laden. 200 BILLION dollars that could have been spent here at home. 200 BILLION dollars and over 1000 AMERICAN LIVES spent, and I am unwilling to accept that this is okay because we got a 300 dollar check in the mail--because in a time where our country is strapped for cash, Bush decided to just open up the vaults and let everyone get some.

Well they can keep my check. Use it to pave my roads, or to fund stem cell research, or give it to NASA, or buy some school books, or research cleaner energy (and don't get me started on his environmental policy). Use it to build infrastructure, or better yet, toss it into Social Security--god knows it's needed there. Hell, use it for the maintenance of some little known public building in Anchorage, Alaska for all I care. But don't give it back to me, rush to war with some 3rd world country on the other side of the planet (screaming about what a huge threat they are to us), and then use the limited funds we have left to finance this ridiculous, haphazard quagmire that we call the Iraq War. To h3ll with that. You can't increase spending and cut taxes--this is a disaster. Am I blind? What am I missing here?

What was so wrong with having a balanced budget?

Bruce

Heck NO!! I want my check!! I don't trust the government to spend my money wisely.

And put it in SS??? I don't think so. Unless it gets a major overhaul, I don't want any of my money going there (unfortunately by law I have no choice).

Oh yeah!! and the environement can kiss my a$$!!!

hehe, j/k caxis0 :D:D Just pulling your chain!

I think part of the deffinition of a fiscal conservative is being against tax cuts.

Part of being a fiscal conservative is being against Tax Cuts!?!?! What kind of economic policy is this and who invented it? Have any of you taken a Poli Sci or Economics course? Do you know anything about what a conservative or liberal means when it comes to economics? In fact why dont you quote ONE CONSERVATIVE ECONOMIST who states what you just said. Wow how uneducated some people are when it comes to economics....

If you continue taking money away from the government' date=' even the smallest amount of spending will make you into a fiscal liberal (is that a term? pretend it is for now lol) because you will be spending more than you have. [/quote']First off you aren't taking money "away" from the gov't. It wasn't the gov'ts to begin with. Money comes from tax payers. You aren

Last I heard, he wanted to spend about the same amount.

FOX reports. :P

Oh, and Ayo, what are your thoughts on Bush's social security proposisition?

That is where you are wrong. Bush isn't "Spending", Kerry is!

Read the article.

While both "cost" the same, Bush's plan will generate more "tax revenues" in the long run.

Bush will also reign in Congress Spending.

President Bush and the Republican controlled Congress will cut gov't within the next 4 years. You can mark my words.

Did you know that 2/3 of our budget goes towards entitlement spending?!?!?!

Bush's Social Security proposition is DEAD ON towards privatizing it in the near future. I am against ALL gov't entitlements.

You know who America votes for?

The ones who tell them what they want to hear, may this be the truth or not.

No one will vote for the guy who says, "You know what America, we need to bite the bullet; our grandmas and grandpas are going to need to retire two years later and I need to raise taxes so that we can save social security."

We will vote for the guy who says, "Everythings perfect, we're doing great! I will strengthen America and the economy. God bless America!!!"

Even if the second guy does not strengthen the economy or make things better, people will still think so (that the economy is great and everything is getting better) whether it is or not.

You know who America votes for?

The ones who tell them what they want to hear, may this be the truth or not.

America votes for who is going to make their life better and that is the truth.

Majority of people currently feel that will be Bush.

No one will vote for the guy who says, "You know what America, we need to bite the bullet; our grandmas and grandpas are going to need to retire two years later and I need to raise taxes so that we can save social security."
The only way to save social security is to privatize it.
We will vote for the guy who says, "Everythings perfect, we're doing great! I will strengthen America and the economy. God bless America!!!"

Even if the second guy does not strengthen the economy or make things better, people will still think so (that the economy is great and everything is getting better) whether it is or not.

What bubble do you live in? The economy IS doing better. America IS strengthened and boldened post 9/11. ;)

Do you know anything about the Dow Jones or the Unemployement Rate??

What bubble do you live in? The economy IS doing better. America IS strengthened and boldened post 9/11. wink.gif

Do you know anything about the Dow Jones or the Unemployement Rate??

I never said I was talking about current events. I was actually referring to an older election.

whether it is or not.

I never said I was talking about Bush, nor 9/11, nor todays economy, nor the unemployment rate, nor the Dow Jones.

Edited by Instag0