Crazy Coldness Idea

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the ice why dont you just take a cooler fill it with pure ice cut a whole in each side of the cooler the long way run toobing through, put the ice in close the lid then run the toobing to your cpu/gpu/w/e you cool then ya im not a watercooling expert. infact im a noob at it lol!

or fill the cooler half ice half water run the toobs to the side at the bottom, use the water that is your ice and water and w/e you need to keep bacteria down and have that as your res. then get a submergable pump in there or something*noob to watercooling remember* then have that water go throught the tubes to your cpu/gpu/w/e then to a radiator with 3 120mm fans blowing on it then go throught the cooler and repeat the process....

remember im a noob at watercooling so im assuming theres a major flaw in that!

Edited by Raptor

i dont know, im no watercooling expert myself, but heres some possible flaws id see...

water leaking from the holes the tubing is running through (im sure this is easy to fix with some kind of substance designed specifically for that or...something...)

the water travelling too fast through the tubing to really be affected by the coldwater (but then again, im kinda newb... this prob isnt a big thing)

I dont know, to me it sounds like a good idea, if the laddar condition isnt a problem. It is just the same as the resevior or the radiator idea, just using tubes instead of a resevior or radiator IMHO

Here is why the fridge wont work. as teh water gets heated up by the cpu, it gets expelled into the fridge. effectivly raising the temperature inside the fridge, and because theres no way to get rid of that warm air trapped inside, it will just ruin the fridgem warm your beer, and return your temps to wahtever they were before. quite a few ppl have tried this, and unless you get mad insulation for your components you won't see much of a difference. what i do is i leave my res out on my window cill. during colder nights the load temps dong go past 25. it idles around 11. weve been having awesome weater this week (A rare thing in a canadian october, so my temps have been quite high. (high 30s) but in a few weeks when true winter sets in. i can expect sub zero :) ofcourse ill need dialectic grease, some foam padding, and antifreeze. (home made phase change :ph34r:)

Winter not that to far off wait a bit untill it gets cool enought and open a window have all the cold air you want. (This is if you live in a area that gets snow or gets cold) But cool months last for 6-7 months and then heat again.

I'll have to open my windows this winter. I live in Florida, and my room is like 78-80 in the summer, even with the air on 76, cause my bedroom door stays closed:(.

In the winter, I hope i can get the room to 72 or so, but it's unlikely, doesn't get cold :(. I HATE FLORIDA, as I hate heat, I like it about 70 in my room, lol ;)

Naaa man what is more natural than water ?

Uhhh don't answer that.

On the power plugs there is a red - yellow and black s

What is the voltage on them just wondering?

Edited by E Fudd