Will A 9800 Pro Run On...

mapileTree

not sure whether to put this here or power supply forum, but will my 250W power supply be able to run a 2.8 G p4 and a 9800 pro? if not, how much W do io need? (it currently powers a 1.8 p4, ti4200)

They used to cross a couple of wires so that if you plugged that psu into any other mobo it would kill the mobo...but I think they stopped doing that.

Anyway, a 250 MIGHT be able to power it all, but I wouldn't count on having an exceptionally stable system. And forget about overclocking anything (though it IS a dell, so that's a no-no anyway).

It may but if I overclock my sony vaio 2.4 b up to around 2.8 it will reboot with a 295 watt PSU when I try to burn a CD, it needs a bigger one and that just with the nvidia mx 440 that it came with and I have not added a thing other than an overclock. If I were you would get a good Enermax, or Antec a well know PSU and be sure it has enough amps lot of PSU may be 500 watt and only 16 amps, a 300 or 350 enermax is 24 amps I believe, wattts are important but amps are very important, the more the better, my 550 antec is only 25 amps so watch what you buy

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

yup and you need to make sure that the power supply not only says that its '500w' or whatever but that the xxxw is the continuous output and not just the peak output. my old qtec powersupply said it was a 550w pwu but could only put out 250 continuiously and 550w peak. I blew it in 2 weeks cos it was crap!