Vantec Aerocool With A Tmd Fan

CompXT

:angry::angry: Ok, I just got my new heatsink and mobo in today. I bought this heatsink for 2 reasons: cheap, and suppose to be quite. Well it's not all that quite, it actually feels like my case is going to get up and walk of because it is vibrating so hard. I took it off the CPU fan jumper and put it on my fan controller so I could turn it down some but it still makes to much noise. I have a Chieftec case and my drives cages are about to fall out because of this thing. Anyone ever had one of these before? Are they suppose to be this loud??

Are you talking about the Vantec Aeroflow (version 1)? I have it installed on one of my pc's and its not too loud, but I can definately hear it. The TMD fan does create more vibration compared to a regular fan, but the vibration can be reduced. In order to reduce the amount of vibration, make sure the fan is screwed down to the heatsink as much as possible. You can go a step further by placing skinny rubber washers between the fan and heatsink. Finally, it could just be how your case resonates the sound of the fan.

I think there is something wrong with mine. I can feel the vibration through the floor :( I'll try taking it apart and puting some washers in it. I definitly need some rubber washers for my drive cages now :(

i have the vantec aeroflow v1 as well, does vibrate and make some noise, but i have so many fans it is rediculous, so it doesn't make a difference much

i am happy with mine, keeps this oc'd rig cool, room temp stays about 73 degrees F and my cpu runs about 44 C loaded 100% 24/7, idle about 36 C

I know they are a good heatsink, but I have seen a few die after a few months. My stepfathers TMD that was on his 2400+ died 2-3 months after I built his system.

The screws are a tight as they can go without being stripped. I put rubber gasket between the HS and Fan and that helped alot. It's still loud but at least it's bearable. Well if the fan goes out I hope my computer shut off fast enough :blink: Anyone know how to get MBM5 working on a motherboard thats not listed? I have sensors in it but I get wacked out reading no matter what I use.

I have that same HSF and mine rattles like crazy too. If figured out that it's because one corner isn't screwed down all the way because the hole (or screw) is stripped. Other than that, it's a pretty good HSF. Keeps my 3200+ at around 47 degrees Celcius under full load.