Bad Bad Newegg

I purchased a FX-53 processor from newegg Friday. Recieved it Today and i noticed before i opened the box that something was loose inside. Sure enough i opened it up and the processor was roaming free inside the box with no padding. Sure enough also there were about 10 bent pins. I bent them back to the best i could and i went to see if it fit into the motherboard with ease without having to push down on it, and it seemed to go in with ease hardly any pushing involved. I don't have the ram which needs to be ECC to test it out to see if it works so what do you think i should do wait to get the ram then try it out or return it to newegg and get a new one. Seeing I paid almost 800.00 for it. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Edited by traveaso23

Send it back immediately, do not hesitate. If it was damaged in the warehouse or in transit who knows what may be wrong with it. You have a shorter time to RMA procs so do it now.

That is Neweggs fault completely, even if it works fine now you may be throwing 800 bucks down the whole in a few months. I know the wait for RMAs suck, but it's better than the alternative.

i had the same prob when i order my p4 when i got it it was out of the pakage i dont think its a newegg thing i think its a fedex thing luckfully no pins were bent but i would send that sucker back asap considering of how much you paid it should have came in perfect working order