Pipes

maorWTF

Quote from something I wrote:

A heat pipe is a tube with another cylindrical tube within it. The inner tube is filled with liquid, when the liquid is heated to its boiling point, it will undergo a phase change and condense, and the vapor rises to the top of the pipe and releases heat energy as the moisture particles loose energy. During the condensation phase, the vapor will turn back into liquid; this takes place at the top of the heat pipe. The liquid will then fall back down from the outer layer of the heat pipe and re-enter the inner cylindrical tube.

This cycle is similar to how clouds work and evaporation; the water cycle. Heat-pipe technology is a highly effective form of cooling

I hopeyou find that helpful!

the pipes within hs have liquid in them.. thats why they are called heatpipes.

hollow heat pipes are probally very ery inefective... it would be worse than fins I would guess

the pipes within hs have liquid in them.. thats why they are called heatpipes.

hollow heat pipes are probally very ery inefective... it would be worse than fins I would guess

after futher reserch Doctor , i concur it is liquid , all in agreement say i, i , then

the i's have it .

very good then carry on. :lol:

From an old review of mine...

...that consist of a vacuum tight copper tube, a wick (woven fabric, fiber, or other material, that looks like a braid), and a fluid (...most people use a mix of water and cooling solvent). As the front heat sink gets warmer, the heat pipe under the front plate gets warmer as well. This turns the liquid into a high pressure vapor that moves toward the cooler side of the heat pipe, as the vapor reaches the cooler plate, it condenses and releases the heat to the rear plate. The wick then helps move the condensed liquid back to the other end of the heat pipe where it can repeat the process.

heatpipecut-small.jpg

insidepipe-small.jpg

braid-small.jpg

Ah, thats pretty cool. But i would think it would take more heat than a processor to make the vapor move to the top of the heatpipe. Must be some scientific thing =D. But hey, it cools my processor well lol