1. 1. Should OCC Change It's Name?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm a fool who likes to vote but has no real opinion

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If changing the name will make us more credible with the non-overclocking manufacturers, and gets us more exposure, then what is the big deal. Yes, I dig the name. Heck, I was going to be mugged in New York 2 months ago, I yelled out "I'm with the Overclockers Club", and the thugs :ph34r: scattered.

When your about to spend $800 on the newest and greatest processor, it would be nice to see a review by people that you trust. If this helps us get those new and cutting edge items shipped to us before they are released to the public, then bring on the change! Either way I support what the site owners do, because the people here make the site, and that won't change. :D

If changing the name will make us more credible with the non-overclocking manufacturers, and gets us more exposure, then what is the big deal. Yes, I dig the name. Heck, I was going to be mugged in New York 2 months ago, I yelled out "I'm with the Overclockers Club", and the thugs :ph34r: scattered.

OMG... you are my hero.

:wub:

Change the name? I agree. The name should be changed. In fact if it's not changed I will sue on behalf of OCC because I'm sick and tired of the big guys picking on the little guys. I mean here we are trying to particpate in a harmless website and those guys in Orange County New york who make motorcycles go and steal, STEAL I tell you, our abbreviation!!!!! How dare they use OCC on thier products and not give this site it's due credit. So yeah, they should change their name........huh? What do you mean? :unsure: You mean THIS site changes it's name? Because of companies takeing it serious.....well that makes more sense than sueing Orange County Choppers. What were you guys thinking, sheesh. Paul Jr. anf Sr. kick major butt. :P

Anywho, I vote yeah.

also i think we need to show the manufacturers that we can do good reviews by beefing up the homepage with big reviews done by ourselves, and get some more sites such as hardOCP and alike to link to our reviews, obviously even if we changed our name its still gonna take some time to get people to send hardware for reviewing

HardOCP usually links to every review that we write, along with about 250 other sites. No Problems there.

i think OCC is the best name.. who cares about intel and there stupid crap.... if we want a review we should all donate towards that review.. then when we get a good handle on reviews, then mabe intel will see

We post reviews on the main page news, on main page at the top (latest 5 reviews), we post the review in our "Klip" news service, we post it in our forums, we post it on our main reviews page, and we also send it out in our OCC mailing list. What more do you want?

.. but we need to attract more "people" to read reviews, because they are two hidden on this site

There are plenty of people that read our reviews, traffic is not a problem.

if we want good stuff to review like him, we got to be ready to deal out the bandwith.. because you realy need a TON of trafic.. we also need refrences from other sites, get smaller things to review then work up.. expand the store, ect...

Again, if you don't know this or not we are about the top 5th hardware review site based on traffic.

who cares about intel and there stupid crap.... if we want a review we should all donate towards that review.. then when we get a good handle on reviews, then mabe intel will see..

Well, you can't exactly buy CPU's that have not yet been released to the public. This is how a lot of CPU reviews are written, (prior to being released to the public). Like I told Intel, I'd be willing to pay for the samples but yet they still don't want their CPU reviewed on a "Overclocking" site.

As a business owner.......I'm going to advise that if you change the name of this site.....it will need a major overhaul on the look and feel of it as well..........with change.....progress must follow. Just my American 2 cents worth