1. 1. Should OCC Change It's Name?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm a fool who likes to vote but has no real opinion

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

number one... the color scheam needs changing.. so does the forum.. i like it and all.. but look at 3dgameman.com.. he has changed colors, and styles of his forum 3 times in the past 5 months.. i think more of a fancy look would do niceley.. i think OCC is the best name.. who cares about intel and there stupid crap.... if we want a review we should all donate towards that review.. then when we get a good handle on reviews, then mabe intel will see.. but we need to attract more "people" to read reviews, because they are two hidden on this site.. it kind of has to be the CENTER of the entire site.. again.. 3dgameman.. anounces upcomming revews on the homepage, in a clear manor, not jumbled with news, his news is on a seperate page.. his upcomming video revews are easaly accesed by a review scheduial, and current video reviews are on the right.. look how much stuff that guy gets, but.. if we want good stuff to review like him, we got to be ready to deal out the bandwith.. because you realy need a TON of trafic.. we also need refrences from other sites, get smaller things to review then work up.. expand the store, ect...

these are just a FEW things that need changing to become a more review oriented site. i think the name is fine.. i just think intel does not want to hand over the goods because of many of these small things...

think about it..

I think this belongs more in another thread but anyway...point is..name is changing....we need to know..what we would like it changed to....and who really gives a care about the colors...I think it would be like changing a schools colors..they are OCC's trademark and most of us have no problem with them. Suggestions for other changes should be in comments and feedback..most of those have already been discussed. And anyway, isnt there a link on the front page to reviews? All by themselves :unsure:

what do we do with the F@H team

Folding@Home, SETI@Home, TKC, and other things will change names too. It's possible to change the name w/o losing the score/rank/points.

The forums, staff, and the site isn't something that is changing. We will still be what we are now. We'll just be a new name. :)

With a new name comes the hope that it will open doors for us that were once closed due to a word, and should also allow us to bring you more reviews. :)

Asus: We're not 3dgameman. In fact, we have a much higher daily traffic rank than 3dgameman. We also announce reviews on the home page. First it's listed in the "Latest Reviews" section of the web site, then it's also listed in the daily news.

Edited by d3bruts1d

well i see the reasoning behind the name change, and if it wasn't for the "OCC" acronym, i'd be all over it. But I just love being able to call it "OCC", so if the name is change, i sure hope OCC stays in it. And all of my suggestions have reflected that.

well i see the reasoning behind the name change, and if it wasn't for the "OCC" acronym, i'd be all over it. But I just love being able to call it "OCC", so if the name is change, i sure hope OCC stays in it. And all of my suggestions have reflected that.

*Lightning flashes from lego's brain*

if the site is to be renamed, there could be a section called the OCC!

that way the name could change and we could keep the occ

perhaps only available to pre-namechange members? perhaps not?

couldnt we keep the OCC as a separate community forum and a main site for the reviews maybe?

also i think we need to show the manufacturers that we can do good reviews by beefing up the homepage with big reviews done by ourselves, and get some more sites such as hardOCP and alike to link to our reviews, obviously even if we changed our name its still gonna take some time to get people to send hardware for reviewing,

another question is how do you go about getting hardware do you have to physically request it from the manufacturer or do they just decide to send it?

I think most places are leary of sending anything to places that have Overclocking in the name...they don't condone it..and if they sent stuff..it would be like they did. All we really have to do is change the title around a little. That seems to be the only problem. Matt seems to be doing a fine job of getting other places to send stuff...and the guys have been great about advertising the site....it's just time to change this minor setback....so that we can all move on to the next level ;-)

*Lightning flashes from lego's brain*

if the site is to be renamed, there could be a section called the OCC!

that way the name could change and we could keep the occ

perhaps only available to pre-namechange members? perhaps not?

I like that idea. I don't know about the only available to pre-namechange members, because it should be available to everybody. Maybe make it an earnable section like after so many posts or something like that.