AMD vs. Intel

Ok, now that this thread has had 5 pages of crap bolted on to it, let me ask my questions again.

Is there anyway to benchmark Folding at home accross many computers with the same work units?

Also is anyone willing to do some actuall performance comparisons with equally or near equally priced cpus? That way we can see first hand what is fsater or the better deal for vairious things.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now that this thread has had 5 pages of crap bolted on to it, let me ask my questions again.

Is there anyway to benchmark Folding at home accross many computers with the same work units?

Also is anyone willing to do some actuall performance comparisons with equally or near equally priced cpus? That way we can see first hand what is fsater or the better deal for vairious things.

Might be time for a new thread. And again, I will participate. :)

Yeah I made a new thread, hopefully leaving this one behind for good, as amusing as it was.

ok for price preformance there is absolutly no doubt its amd all the way

i mean my 2500 cost 85 bucks

show me a intel that will preform the same at near that price ..both stock

Yeah I made a new thread, hopefully leaving this one behind for good, as amusing as it was.

I posted about this in the AMD / Intel thread earlier today. I'm trying to get the specifics worked out so we can run the same WUs on several different processors for comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

OK OK since now i can post something in the OCC here goes...

AMD-LIKE a Japanese or Korean Car... Cheap Reliable great for racing AKA OC

Intel- like an American Car... Need more power? ADD MORE METAL! LOL! :D

Since i'm an Intel user and saw review between Intel and AMD, I say intel is great for Games. BUt overall I think that AMD is much better. (Sorry Intel ppl :O ) I tested both... some results of Intel is that if you have too much files or games on your computer, it will Lag... With AMD i found that as many games and files you have the speed of the processor is the same... Thats what i feel. From a 15 year old... lol :D Well AS for cooling. AMD now beat Intel beacuse of Intel's prescott. But for intel's northwood. I say northwood is pretty cool...

Well thats my opinion.

PS sorry if i insulted an American car believer. :D

and Japanese car believer too :D

umm intel better for gaming...?

Kids these days

lol.

Seriously thou, the CPU has nothing to do with the amount of files on your hard drive. Where the harddrives the same? That comment made no sense what so ever.

OK OK since now i can post something in the OCC here goes...

AMD-LIKE a Japanese or Korean Car... Cheap Reliable great for racing AKA OC

Intel- like an American Car... Need more power? ADD MORE METAL! LOL! :D

Since i'm an Intel user and saw review between Intel and AMD, I say intel is great for Games. BUt overall I think that AMD is much better. (Sorry Intel ppl :O ) I tested both... some results of Intel is that if you have too much files or games on your computer, it will Lag... With AMD i found that as many games and files you have the speed of the processor is the same... Thats what i feel. From a 15 year old... lol :D Well AS for cooling. AMD now beat Intel beacuse of Intel's prescott. But for intel's northwood. I say northwood is pretty cool...

Well thats my opinion.

PS sorry if i insulted an American car believer. :D

and Japanese car believer too :D

nice analogy.

you gotta admit tho, japanese imports (amd) r cooler

I can't bealive how much they charge for xp the price for pro is almost what i paid for my computer

M$ can't charge u anything if u use a pirate version of xp pro i'm not saying i did but i didn't pay M$ FOR IT EITHER