AMD vs. Intel

like intel, amd isn't just into making cpus for computers. you'd be suprised how many intel/amd chips are in everything from cellphones to cars. they're also the ONLY 2 makers of flash ram (not the end product, but the insides) in the world. both have networking products (opened my 3com router a few months ago and was shocked to see all kinds of amd and intel chips all over the place in there, with a 3com chip in the middle... kinda ironic in a way).

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like intel, amd isn't just into making cpus for computers. you'd be suprised how many intel/amd chips are in everything from cellphones to cars. they're also the ONLY 2 makers of flash ram (not the end product, but the insides) in the world. both have networking products (opened my 3com router a few months ago and was shocked to see all kinds of amd and intel chips all over the place in there, with a 3com chip in the middle... kinda ironic in a way).

yeah, i forget the percentage, but i'm pretty sure that the flash memory business for AMD is a larger percentage than the processors we're accustomed to...this was as of a few years ago at least...it could have changed now, though i doubt it.

I have always used AMD since I started building my own systems and will continue to do so. For the price and speed i cant see why anyone wouldnt use them. :blink:

Edited by lordofbeer

I have always used AMD since I started building my own systems and will continue to do so. For the price and speed i cant see why anyone wouldnt use them. :blink:

wow, those two chicks have some nice chipsets ;)

hahahha nice.

agp aperature size?

wonder about how tight their memory timings are.... :lol:

or how loose....... :P

just started using AMD and i think im in love....well hopefully not