Wanna Be In The Matrix?

airman

About 6 weeks ago, I started researching on gaining lucidity. Lucidity is where you are concious that you are having a dream. By knowing you are having a dream...this means you can control a LOT of the contents of your dream including scenery/characters/etc.

Now, don't get too excited, because this takes time. It's not like you'll go to sleep to night, and get a lucid dream. Over the last 6 weeks, i've only had 3 lucid dreams. And that's actually a good count. It can only get better.

The way you get this to work, first you must be able to recall your dreams, and this requires a good bit of work as well. In order to do this, you MUST have a dream journal where you record:

1) What you were doing

2) Who was there

3) Where you were

4) Time of day

After you have some pretty good dream recall, you can get your mind set on gaining lucidity...which is definently a great treat.

Get your mind set on gaining lucidity before you go to sleep. Just keep thinking about it. It needs to be quiet, and you need to be comfortable. The reason being, entering the dream world is where your body has little to NO sensory input. If say...you have a desk-fan blowing on you, or you get REALLY hot in your room, then chances are: you won't be having good dream recall.

The way this works...after you've gotten your dream recall down pat, this is where you can start trying to conciously dream. What you do, when you have a dream...simply just think...I am having a dream. If the dream starts to fade...just let your dream body go completely limp, and fall to the floor and stop what you are doing. This should cause you to stay asleep.

If you feel like a change in scenery, simply spin your dream body around, close your eyes, and think about where you want to be next. You should be there! If you want to change what you have in your hand...say a weapon...or anything for that manner, try looking away, think about what you want, then look back at your hand. I've only been able to do this once (out of 3 dreams). If you want some automated work for you, say for a door to open, just stare at the door really hard, and think..."DOOR OPEN!". This works for me a lot. Pretty much all kinds of stuff. I haven't gotten around to fly yet, but hopefully i'll get around to it.

Now, to help dream recall...there is one thing you can try, Sublingual B-6. You can pick it up at most drug stores. Take about 100mg a night. Remember...too much of something is a bad thing, so don't take too much! Too much can result in some nervous damage...like bad balance, clumsyness, etc. Also...something to remember, vitamin B-6 will not work if you don't have enough Magnesium in your body! Most Sublingual B-6 comes with Magnesium...so just look on the label on the back to see if it does include magnesium. Just to let you know...this vitamin will not make your body dependant on it for dream recall/attaining lucidity. It's just a helpful tip.

One last thing....SIT UP AND WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! I know it sounds silly, but you will not get anywhere without it!

Good luck, and happy dreaming!

-mike

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man im gonna try that and hopfully become 21 real fast in my dreams! hehehe man this is gonna be great, im gonna start next week at football camp i think! whoopie... maybe i could dream that i get the ball everytime and plow everyone over and score many touchdowns. Also what do you do if you cant hardly remember any dreams, i dont hardly have dreams that i can remember, i dont remember any dreams for at least 3 weeks

My dreams are usually partially lucid. I usually can't control them, but I know I'm dreaming and I can wake myself up. Now, there was one time where I knew I was dreaming and tried to wake up, and it didn't work. In the dream I was like "What the hell? I'm still dreaming" and shortly after I woke up

i hate it when you finally have a really cool dream and you can't control it.

Or when you're having an good dream and something(one) wakes you up. I'll never let my wife live down waking me out of my dream where I was Jet Li and was driving a stolen car... the makings of an awesome dream!

that's an awesome idea...i'm gonna try and summon a really fast car...and go speeding down the highway at 150mph. (like...340km/h) and look around for a cop-car...and just outrun all of them!

i would try for unlimited gas too!

I can control my actions in most of my dreams. Sometimes I dream in third person and sometimes those dreams have glimpses of the future. Some have partly come true and other times it is extreme deja vu. I think ill start a dream journal though.

Now, i find my self saying, it's 7 oclock, time to get up to goto school or something, then ill wake up and check the clock and its like 6:59.

Whats the weirdest dream one of u has had?

one of my weirder ones was like a 2d side scrolling adventure where i had to save santa claus so he can deliver presents on chistmas eve.

one of my weirder ones was like a 2d side scrolling adventure where i had to save santa claus so he can deliver presents on chistmas eve.

haha thats the funniest thing I have ever heard. :lol: Does this thing really work? Like SlugBug, I don't remember the last time I had a dream. I know people say you have them everynight. But I seriously don't remember the last dream.

I never thought that everyone couldn't control their dreams to some extent. Some dreams I have total control(which is awesome), while other times I am kind of like and observer to the dream, and I see myself going through the dream, like some sort of third-person game. The latter type I can control to a certain extent, but nothing real big...usually I wake up when I try to hard. I do notice that I almost always dream when the room temp. is perfect and I don't have my computer/fan on.

My weirdest dream to date(I remember just about every one, but I'll start writing them down just for fun, maybe post them in the future) was when I went through an entire day at school, tooks tests and stuff, then when I went home and fell asleep, I woke up. That school day was an entire huge episode of extreme deja vu...I was kinda freaked out by the whole thing. Funny thing is, I did extremely well on the tests, I killed the curves for both my ap calculus class and my art of war class. :lol: Nobody was too happy about that.

I think tonight I'm going to try and visit Carmen Electra...it's been a while. :P:sleep: