Catalyst 4.6 Are Out

jammin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned on my AF and ran a couple of games with the bots.The bad textures are gone,but performance is a little gimpy.I'm going to try to tweak it and if nothing works,go back to 4.5,'cause this kind of fix is no fix at all.

i dont use AA or AF , should I i have a 9800 Aiw PRo

AA will make the edges of things that are near horizontal or near vertical look clean instead of jaggy.I thought AF would make the palm trees look crisper or less shimmery,but it doesn't seem to do much.AF works killer in BF42 though.I'm running 4xaa 8xAF(though I might turn it off), settings high/high/high,lightmaps on,shadows off,1280 x 960 @75.I got great fps with these settings and 4.5,but I'm going to play this weekend and see what the deal is.

so wich version should i stop at and get?

i picked up a 9800 pro refurb an it had no drivers shipped with it. i just dont want the problems everyones descirbing.

right now im cleaning up the cables (flexi tube!) and should fire this thing up tonight.....hopefully it wont flash lightning and burn the house down.

Guest Nacho
Yay, they fixed Vietnam!! woot woot!! Lets hope the Omegs drivers come out soon, though (did they ever have the problem with vietnam? I never noticed it. need omega to oc, too)

Don't use the Omega drivers if you're only using them to OC. The program that those drivers use to overclock (from that tab in the advanced menu) is called Radclocker, and you can download it seperately :google: . IMHO, ATi's drivers are best, but Radclocker + ATi's drivers is king.

Nacho

You have to use Omega drivers so you can OC a 9500Pro unless you BIOS flash it.

Otherwise, overclocking will not work. You should REALLY do your research before you go out and bash people.

BTW, will the DNA drivers allow me to OC my 9500Pro? Or will I still have to do the BIOS flash (like with regular catalyst drivers)?

this is terrible! My 9600XT crapped out on me a month ago. I think it was because of my PSU. When I get a new one I will try the card again because it might not be getting enough power. I want to try the new drivers. But nope, stuck with nVidia again (sigh) :foldon:

You have to use Omega drivers so you can OC a 9500Pro unless you BIOS flash it.

Otherwise, overclocking will not work. You should REALLY do your research before you go out and bash people.

BTW, will the DNA drivers allow me to OC my 9500Pro? Or will I still have to do the BIOS flash (like with regular catalyst drivers)?

When you install, the installer does give you an option to softmod a few cards. The 9500 is in there. Can't remember of which version of the 9500 it was, but it will let you softmod and OC it.