Next Gen Questions...

The ONLY reason I would ever want to switch to BTX is if that is the only form factor that PCI Express slots will be on. If that isn't the case than I won't switch. And you should be saying, convert to the light side. Intel is the dark side. :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThermalGuru

There is no way I'm ever going to buy a case that costs more than the motherboard that sits in it.

That's like buying a Corvette and putting a Ferrari Engine in it.

I also don't want to wait for "stylin" cases to come out. I like all the cases for ATX but have only seen one good one for BTX and like you said, I don't want to spend more on a case than the actual motherboard that goes in it. $100 is the most I can ever see myself spending on a case.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

well if im not mistanken btx is all about cooling and getting better airflow to the more important parts i say bring on BTX better oc's for us

Until FSB's reach over 1000mhz, there is no point in changing to BTX. You won't have memory readily available to run it well for one thing. Hell, I could go on and on about that CRAP BTX form factor. Just like Prescott was suppose to have 64 bit technology. I would suggest to you guys to wait at least 8 months minimum after those boards are up and running to even think about getting in that arena. If they show up at all. Intel is starting to get on my nerves with all this stuff trying to out-do AMD! The only reason AMD is a worry now is because they are starting to go world wide like Intel. So now they are starting to use "Nvidia" marketing tactics to keep people interested. That totally ticks me off because unless you are on the net quite a bit and doing alot of research, you wouldn't know any better. They are playing on that and it's not right. Even though I continue to be an Intel person right now, it's only because it's faster than AMD. When AMD gets out something that can beat Intel, I'm outta here!

They already do...it's called the Athlon FX line. When it comes to gaming, AMD pwns intel, and the next FX cpu will just make the gap wider.

pentium 4's beat athlon xp's amd 64 fx beats everything with a old stick and one hand behind his back...jumping up and down and singing bounce by system of a down

i really wanted to get a top of the line comp next month...in time for Guild Wars
you shouldnt have any problems with that, Guild Wars isnt SCHEDULED to be launched until fall of 04, which means it might be here by spring 05. BE sure to play the e3 online thing for guild wars starting may 11th at midnight and ending may 14th at midnight. Buy the new PC Gamer to get the demo...thing.

It's pointless to wait for btx or pci express.

I used to think it was better to wait a little to get better hardware and I found myself trying to play games on my PII 350MHz by the end of 2003.

Then I changed my point of view and decided to get what was availabe at the time and don't go regretting that later just becouse something better comes up.

The will allways be something better about to hit the market, and if you spend lots of of time waiting for that, you won't be spending much time playing ... nor folding.

BTW

there will be ATX boards with PCI express for both AMD and Intel. I don't have proof of that, but I'd be willing to bet $1 that it'll happen.

you shouldnt have any problems with that, Guild Wars isnt SCHEDULED to be launched until fall of 04, which means it might be here by spring 05. BE sure to play the e3 online thing for guild wars starting may 11th at midnight and ending may 14th at midnight. Buy the new PC Gamer to get the demo...thing.

i've been following GW for awhile...already have the demo...and trust me, i know a lot about the game, as i troll the fansites more than OCC...heehee. The game is slated for a September 04 release, according to multiple sources.