Vote For The Occ Folding@home Banner!

Bosco

Which banner do you like the best?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you like the best?

EDIT: btw, no offense to Dignan at all, but ayokona, i don't think dignan's fades well at all. you can see (faintly) all the writing on every frame of the banner....it never completely goes away, and i think it's a little too distracting and cluttered.

I figure all these banners have to try to smooth between beginning and end, nice to look at and not harsh if you catch it in the middle... I left it there on purpose so it never looks like its over...

LP: OK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is my fault after all :) I copied and pasted the flash code (embedded/object) from one of my advertising banners, and it had transparency set in the code. I turned that off and now it's displaying the correct background :)

Dignan: A day or two..

heehee okay...i'm glad you figured it out, cause otherwise i think i'd be freakin out playing with options in FlashMX forever to no avail ;)

see, i'm not crazy ppl ;):P it's late...gnight :bah:

We might need a second round of 'polls' for this little banner... what'd'ya reackon LP? <_< :)

Give Dignan's contribution a 'non-handicapped' chance...

BTW Dignan that's a mighty nice piece of Banner work! ;)

:foldon:<-- :wub: this new emoticon

First off, i'd like to say that most of these banners are very well done graphically. I never like to bash anyone's work cause i know how long some of these "projects" take. That being said, strictly from a marketing/advertising perspective, some of them are focusing on the wrong thing. These banners are supposed to be advertising FOLDING, not OverClockersClub.com. I won't point out any specific, but if a general user views them, and then you ask them what "product" the just viewed a banner for, they will most likely say OCC, and NOT folding. That's not what we want....most of these banners will be on OCC, and thus, they're already familiar with the site...we have to get them interested in folding.

Okay, that's my little shpeil for the nite...i was gonna type this yesterday, but decided not to....but i changed my mind. heh. I hope i didn't offend anyone.

Who cares what the emphasis is on? this was all based on personal opinion of what would go best following the given criteria... I don't see how judging someone elses project makes this any better for all of us...

All I'm saying is Clay, whatever the fault in any of our projects, mine or likewise, people are voting on what they like best and even if they missed something or not, it got the job done because they think its better then the competition and a good reflection of the site...

First off, i'd like to say that most of these banners are very well done graphically.  I never like to bash anyone's work cause i know how long some of these "projects" take.  That being said, strictly from a marketing/advertising perspective, some of them are focusing on the wrong thing.  These banners are supposed to be advertising FOLDING, not OverClockersClub.com.  I won't point out any specific, but if a general user views them, and then you ask them what "product" the just viewed a banner for, they will most likely say OCC, and NOT folding.  That's not what we want....most of these banners will be on OCC, and thus, they're already familiar with the site...we have to get them interested in folding.

Okay, that's my little shpeil for the nite...i was gonna type this yesterday, but decided not to....but i changed my mind.  heh.  I hope i didn't offend anyone.

:withstupid: i agree, the emphasis shyould be on folding and not on occ, join occ or don't join occ i don't care but fold anyway.

edit: just notice ur member title dignan, 2020 its gonna be on my friend hahaha you're going down man.