Are You A Slob?

ciddono

I was just in the occ irc chat and someone mentioned keyboards. I picked mine up to examine it closely and heard a rattling. I shook it and determined that there is probably some foodstuff or crumbs inside it. Am I the only slob here???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard a rumor that you can put them in the dishwasher. let em dry all the way and they're fine. don't know how true it is.

i heard that too.. just dont do that witha wirelss one :)

lip it upside down.. and shake it. maybe conpress air... or take it apart... i odnt eat near my comp

I live at my comp. It's hard not to eat at it.

And bigred...I'm not that brave.

Edited by ciddono

I live at my comp. It's hard not to eat at it.

And bigred...I'm not that brave.

i read it in the sybex A+ book :D that dishwashers work

edit i mean.. ithink i did...

Edited by roadkill

heard a rumor that you can put them in the dishwasher. let em dry all the way and they're fine. don't know how true it is.

don't forget to disconnect it from you computer first ;) ;)

and i wouldn't do this unless you have a spare around just in case.

My keyboard is 4 yrs old....just keep on passing it down with each build/upgrade. No food crumbs or anything...never spilled any liquid either...

Just the usual sweat stained keys and a tremendous amount of dust....I have way too much crap on my desk to remove my keyboard and use compressed air on it :)

case in point:

i would never put mine in the dish washer. since it is wireless. i would be afraid that when i put the batteries back it would be shot and i would be out 176 for a new logitech bluetooth keyboard

176 bucks? Wow, I just have the $10 Wal-Mart special keyboard. It works great and I love it. And no, I don't have all sorts of stuff in it, although I AM a very messy person. I may be messy, but I am very careful to NOT be messy around my computer stuff. My computer DESK on the other hand, is a complete wasteland.