Looking for 24/7 camserver ideas

now that I'm starting to get settled into my new house it has become clear that imma need to build a small budget minded yet semi-powerful camserver for 24/7 overwatch of say 10 cameras. I'm thinking of mini atx or itx with most likiely a new ryzen and modest amounts of ram and storage for the job. I am really getting with the new amd and have loved the x570 tuf but it seems like way overkill for this application.

so im open to ideas and suggestions for cam and security options if anyone has some thoughts and experience it would be greatly appreciated

thanx

cj

PoE cameras are the way to go, amazon has a ton of them cheap. What price range are you looking at?

Sometimes you can score used ones on ebay, if you're really trying to save money.

We've been using Unifi at work, but its at least 130usd/camera usually. Setup is simple though with the cloud key gen2. All in for 10 cameras, cable, a cheap 10+ port PoE switch, and cloud controller nvr would be about 2000 probably. The g3 cameras are about 4W each, so most switches would be fine.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 7:40 AM, road-runner said:

I use PC with blue iris software, the new colorvu hikvision poe cams are great they see well at night

I have had some success with this in a past life but it now belongs to the x-significant other person...

but this is exactly the kinds of things I need to see !