NVIDIA Special Event September 1st - likely the new RTX cards being announced

Nyt

I know linux gives like 200K more, but the bus speed doesn't matter much. This card is only using 41% bandwidth (GPU-z) on 16x PCIe 3.0. 

This double FP32 pipeline really is doing a number on the WUs. So far its 3.5-4.5 Million PPD.  Waiting for the Passkey to kick in. Not sure its working.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=857432

6 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I know linux gives like 200K more, but the bus speed doesn't matter much. This card is only using 41% bandwidth (GPU-z) on 16x PCIe 3.0. 

This double FP32 pipeline really is doing a number on the WUs. So far its 3.5-4.5 Million PPD.  Waiting for the Passkey to kick in. Not sure its working.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=857432

I few questions if you do not mind on the folding forum I posted it over there

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=36117&p=342975#p342975

hmm I'll try. It seems every time I make a post on folding form it needs to be "authorized". Had this same problem for years. Never have been able to post anything for each card launch.

I'll see if it posts. Otherwise i'll just reply here.

3 minutes ago, ir_cow said:

hmm I'll try. It seems every time I make a post on folding form it needs to be "authorized". Had this same problem for years. Never have been able to post anything for each card launch.

I'll see if it posts. Otherwise i'll just reply here.

Wonder why that is, oh well everyone will know soon enough I guess. What name you use over there I will post that you cant post lol

6 minutes ago, road-runner said:

Wonder why that is, oh well everyone will know soon enough I guess. What name you use over there I will post that you cant post lol

Same lol ir_cow

I used a old passkey, from a few months ago. They never expire and can be used with any username. Not sure if this is a error but it has worked for a number of years now. I'm not sure why passkeys is even a thing since this "bug" exist.

As for Projects, I thought foldingextreme listed them. I guess not. Also I guess the log clears out when you close the app now. I have no clue what WU was doing before. Its currently working on Project 16918 FahCore 0x22.

4 minutes ago, ir_cow said:

Same lol ir_cow

I used a old passkey, from a few months ago. They never expire and can be used with any username. Not sure if this is a error but it has worked for a number of years now. I'm not sure why passkeys is even a thing since this "bug" exist.

As for Projects, I thought foldingextreme listed them. I guess not. Also I guess the log clears out when you close the app now. I have no clue what WU was doing before. Its currently working on Project 16918 FahCore 0x22.

what points on that one?

After watching the GN review of the 3090 card today,.. damn I'm glad Nvidia screwed up the launch, and I was unable to buy the RTX 3090 FE card. 

I will be sticking with my two year old 2080Ti set-up,.. and saving my money. :cheers:

The RTX 3090 was exactly as I suspected. A new Titan Ampere without the title. Meaning extremely overpriced for what you get it return.

Not only is classic SLI unsupported but only like 3 games support the internal engine method. Also without DLSS, 8K gaming is still questionable. 

My guess was that 2000 extra cuda cores would be limit by the board power limit and frankly, games in general. 15% increase over the 3080 is what I expected. $800 more is asking a bit much. I believe this is why SLI was removed from the 3080. Anyone could spend less and get more from supported games over a single card. Plus it would be $100 cheaper.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, ir_cow said:

The RTX 3090 was exactly as I suspected. A new Titan Ampere without the title. Meaning extremely overpriced for what you get it return.

Not only is classic SLI unsupported but only like 3 games support the internal engine method. Also without DLSS, 8K gaming is still questionable. 

My guess was that 2000 extra cuda cores would be limit by the board power limit and frankly, games in general. 15% increase over the 3080 is what I expected. $800 more is asking a bit much. I believe this is why SLI was removed from the 3080. Anyone could spend less and get more from supported games over a single card. Plus it would be $100 cheaper.

Unfortunately all the Titan card features are locked on the RTX 3090 GPU so it's basically useless in a workstation. 

On September 17, Nvidia announced RTX 30-series GPUs will not receive SLI profiles at all.

Games that support DirectX 12 or Vulkan multi-GPU implementations will continue to work on 30-series cards. "Existing SLI driver profiles will continue to be tested and maintained for SLI-ready RTX 20-series and earlier GPUs". 

Edited by Braegnok