Mowing on a hillside

dling

So the wife and I are now mowing morher in laws yard. She has a steep hill. I thinking about either golf or baseball shoes  to help the traction.  My boots bottoms  are to smooth . Any suggestions from someone who mows this type of yard ?

Edited by dling

Thats nice. And the good news is I already have the lawn chair and the beer. The second best option is the lawn chair ,beer and let wife mow.

After all its her mom.

I do the opposite . I let the mower pull its self up the hill and let gravity bring it down. Its a self propelled mower.

The problem is there are some areas that I have to go side to side. Thats where I need a better shoe solution .

My boots have smooth bottoms and slip . Better footing would really be good.

4 hours ago, road-runner said:

get a couple goats they will eat everything in sight

Cheapest option by far. 

I checked the prices on those Radio controlled lawn mowers. 3800 bare min. and I doubt that comes with the controller.

you can add traction to your boots with some snow/ice crampons addons, you'll want something aggressive to bite into the grass so I'd opt for the metal cleats and metal chains versus the little cleats and rubber body ones.

I didn't look around for long but something like these but theyre under $15 if you shop around https://www.amazon.com/Traction-Crampons-Stainless-Climbing-Mountaineering/dp/B07H4BL4KL/

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RHKCommander959 said:

you can add traction to your boots with some snow/ice crampons addons, you'll want something aggressive to bite into the grass so I'd opt for the metal cleats and metal chains versus the little cleats and rubber body ones.

I didn't look around for long but something like these but theyre under $15 if you shop around https://www.amazon.com/Traction-Crampons-Stainless-Climbing-Mountaineering/dp/B07H4BL4KL/

Those look pretty good. Thanks.