Time to sell those old AMD cards!

I sold my Asus R9 390 STRIX card twice in three days, since listing it on eBay on 6-10-17 for $359.99 free shipping,.. had to cancel both sales due to buyer had 0-positive feedback. 

I have in the condition in bold letters, Buyer must have at least 5-positive feedback, I only will ship the item to PayPal confirm address using USPS insured and signature required, and will not ship to freight forwarders.   :slap: 

I decided not to relist item a third time I'll just keep it,.. after realizing  I would not receive payment for 21-days after sale from PayPal to protect the buyer, since I haven't sold an item in 90-days on eBay. :no:  

Edited by Braegnok

I guess I don't get it, are they better than 480's or 580's, or any other brand new card for those prices, for folding and/or bitmining?

I just game with it, so maybe I should sell it and buy a brand new card that would be better for me

Edited by Fight Game

It's a good time to make some extra cash if you want to dump the 390 and get an upgrade.  I figured the cards are never going to be worth this much again and I got more for the 290x now than I was asking to sell it for back in September so why not, though I do wish I had been more ambitious on the buy it now price as I was EXPECTING to need to drop the price.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-AMD-R9-390-8GB-DDR5-/132218495838?hash=item1ec8d6235e:g:aY0AAOSwiOFZN1tJ 

That's more than 3/4 GTX 1070 money for a 390 like yours so I personally would slap it up for sale based on what that one ends at or do an auction.  Heck of a return on investment for you that's for sure. Either that or I'll buy it back from you for my original asking price  :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a guy on here selling a r9 290 for like $120?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a guy on here selling a r9 290 for like $120?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeah it took like a month for him to get $100 haha. I suspect whoever bought it just flipped it on ebay.

No, he wanted to either Crossfire it with his other 290 or setup another pc with it and it took way more then a month to sell, i was actually going to close the thread, but hey it sold.

• 2 weeks later...

it went up extremely fast though, currently $320 in etherscan.., also this was mostly isolated to just this one exchange. I mean I saw eth go down everywhere, but this exchange was a very extreme case.

Also I'm not sure if MSN is reporting accurate numbers. I saw on coinbase that it had dropped down to $13. Can't seem to check GDAX for real though, as they only let you go back as far as 1day in there charts.., as far as I can tell at least.

EDIT: Guess it shows you how volatile these currencies are.

Edited by scr4wl

Oh, I was hoping you were gonna say you had some rx cards ;)

I would be interested in the 295, but i'm not willing to pay todays rates for it ..., unless you dislike ebay so much you wanted to cut me a really killer deal lol.