Crap, Grounded Again

sYstEmATiC

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we all see how well grounding works. When I have kids and they mess up, I'll make em clean the base boards with a tooth brush or do a crap load of pushups. Grounding never works....

grounding works if the parents are actually around to enforce it. The problem lies with things like, allowing their child to have a computer in their bedroom, and then taking away the priviledge without taking the computer physically out of the room....same with tv, or whatever.

My bro was grounded for months until he took his SAT (not for grades, but for other reasons i won't state here cause it doesn't matter)... he wasn't allowed to go out and see his friends (except on rare occassions). After he got his SAT grade, he was "off the hook" and after seeing his score, he would happily tell you that the grounding was good, even though he obviously hated it at the time.

It all comes down to parenting.

See and if you do good in school your parents don't really care what you do (some do) but mine let me pretty much do what I want if I keep doing good (which means I go to a party about every friday..)

:withstupid: that's tru..that IS the best way to handle things :) just do your work, and do it well, and then you won't have any probs :)

I was a similar way. I think honesty and trust goes a long way also. I would tell my parents stuff, like when i drank and stuff like that, and so they trusted me.