OCC Twitch Stream

Guest_Jim_*

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished up the stream, during which OBS crashed multiple times :vmad: To top it off, it looked like the stream did not restart on Twitch when I actually restarted the stream, so some content may be missing from the Twitch archive. However, I have OBS set to record the streams as well, so I should have almost everything in those, which I will upload to YouTube.

Also, because of the issues OBS was giving me, I decided to not play Goat Simulator. Still played Torchlight II and Outlast though (the latter on Insane difficulty, because why not) so that is in there.

Will have recordings up on YouTube soon. Until then: OCC Twitch Archive.

Three videos are still being uploaded, and more are being processed, but here it is so far: YouTube Playlist.

As far as the OBS crashes go, I've got no idea. Multiple searchers provide no clear answer. There are several threads on the OBS forums concerning at least similar crashes, but all are either not applicable (I'm not using a laptop or NVIDIA Optimus) or left unanswered. All I've really got is that OBS will randomly crash sometimes, but not always or consistently. (The test stream last week and the April Fools stream earlier this week suffered no isses.) Best I can think to do is just continue on as I have and hope an update eventually fixes the issue.

Was kind of busy today and forgot to post here. Uh.. Hadn't thought of a game to stream on Saturday, but since I did not get to Goat Simulator last time, I could do that, but I am also open to any suggestions. The Humble Indie Bundle 14 is still going, if anyone would like to see another game from that, like one of the games added this week.

It looks like Goat Simulator will work out for streaming very well tomorrow, as it is the Steam Daily Deal for the next 46 hours or so. (I like it when the game selection is relevant somehow.) Be sure to tune in tomorrow for that, starting a little after 1 PM EST (after I post the new daily deal).

Stream will start in a little over an hour from now; just after I post the new Steam Daily Deal. Right now though I am reinstalling my drivers, hoping that will fix the OBS crashing issue I've been having, and had a little earlier today, when I was testing it. Might try running another test before the OCC stream to check. (I do the test streams on my personal account, so you won't see them on the OCC one.)

Edit: Finally remembered to change the title of this thread, since it really isn't experimental anymore.

And the YouTube Playlist: OCC - GuestJim Playing Goat Simulator.

Have you tried Nvidia gamestream yet Jim? Seems to work pretty good, I don't stream very often but haven't had any issues with it yet.

Do you mean ShadowPlay? That's what I used months ago and it gave me problems too (specifically disconnects). OBS is a bit more functional than ShadowPlay, with being able to work with non-fullscreen games, save and stream, and working with multiple sources, which lets me deal with some technical issues without having to stop the stream.

Doing a little more digging, I found some more possible fixes for the OBS crashes. One is that apparently other applications that can record gameplay can cause problems (ie. ShadowPlay, which I tend to leave running) and I've not been running the 64-bit version of OBS. I know I used to run the 64-bit version, but checking the logs (which, by the way, do not always record the same information, including basic info like the software version) I found that it was the 32-bit version, at least recently. I think the switched happened when I had to mess with the shortcuts a few weeks ago. (OBS installs both versions.) Anyway, maybe one these changes will fix the problem. Won't know for sure until I do another test stream, probably tomorrow.