New Pc Build AMD+AMD

Graphs and numbers are bullshit for what most are going to be doing with a pc. Good majority of users that go Intel seem to do based on places like this saying that they will dust much cheaper amd CPUs. While this may be true on graphs based on overclocking and benchmarks the average user isn't going to overclock or notice a difference in anything except their wallet.

Until you play a game that is CPU intensive, then you will definitely notice.

The "average" user you refer to doesn't come to this place to begin with lol, it is called OVERCLOCKERSclub for a reason lol.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. A lot of people come here because this site is very good at showing up in search engines and honestly there are much better sites for info related to overclocking. Not to knock this place but it ain't what it used to be.

The CPU intensive arguement is garbage as well. CPU killing games are just shitty coding wrapped in a pretty package that will bog all CPUs. So to notice a slow down whether a little or a lot it's still there so why spend extra money to not use a chip in a way people like to brag about when in the end, you will still have a slow down. Maybe not as much but a slow down is a slow down to me. I'll keep my cash in my pocket. I am not a fanboy of either btw.

Actually I am very frightened to overclock lol that I shouldn't blow stuff up I came to occ as it has pretty good user base to help with my problems and I help others where I can. I have now gained courage to overclock my pc from 3 to 3.5ghz (not more) ????

Actually I am very frightened to overclock lol that I shouldn't blow stuff up I came to occ as it has pretty good user base to help with my problems and I help others where I can. I have now gained courage to overclock my pc from 3 to 3.5ghz (not more) ????

If you have your temps in check, everything should be fine tbh.

I have seen that i3 go to 4GHz (even 4.2GHz) without much problems, so maybe you could look into it again.

Be sure to have at least a decent mid-range CPU cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO for example) before attempting higher clocks (especially if the temps are 75c+)

The CPU intensive arguement is garbage as well. CPU killing games are just shitty coding wrapped in a pretty package that will bog all CPUs. 

This has been proven false time and time again.  You may like AMD CPUs, but there's no denying that Intel has a massive upper hand in terms of per-thread performance which is exactly what games need during stressful scenarios.

Yes, let's go run some benches to show me what I personally will never notice lol. You are right, it has been proven, that's not my point. My point is that the difference is not even something anyone will notice, even in most games and the games it is noticeable in, it will still be noticeable on both.

It's not that I like AMD CPUs, it's just that people love to snap up Intel CPUs because they are the best at everything according to a few charts that show them what they would personally never notice without said chart telling them so. I get a laugh out of at this point really. The only time you ever hear AMD get mentioned is if someone says the word budget when asking for build advice. 30 seconds later, some intel fanboy will jump in with charts to show why they should only buy intel. Lol

You guys are seriously confusing me first amd then intel then amd then intel please let me be clear I want to game at 1080p at medium to high setting and I want a future proof cpu and base

Lol what intel again, actually I'm very disappointed at intel because every year they make a new gen and forget that previous generation even exists and they make new sockets and we can't even upgrade without changing the motherboard also as for amd I saw they provide good support with this