New Pc Build AMD+AMD

I3 outperforms only in a single poorly optimized game (I think)

Afraid not.

axg86PY.png

fpxaVQ5.png

xRpBM9h.png

And here on OCC in the review:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_core_i3_2120/9.htm

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_core_i3_2120/10.htm

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_core_i3_2120/8.htm

The few benchmarks you CAN find where AMD chips outpace the Intel ones are so rare, that one could say they were messed with.

Either that, or it was optimized for AMD hardware from the get go.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by gaming I mean budget gaming (for now)

Get a nice video card, and you will see big gains in your gaming performance.

Only thing that really needs to be replaced is the GPU and PSU (PSU before GPU imo).

Nvidia has been busy with energy efficient cards and have a few that are really nice (looking at you gtx 750ti), so a little research in that department wouldn't hurt.

So you could get that before spending money on a PSU, but be aware of the risks of using the old PSU.

But watch dogs sucks on my pc not even playable at 720p

And it won't be on an fx as well with your current set-up lol.

Watch dogs is a terrible optimized game and you shouldn't use it as a benchmark.

The 7770 doesn't help either.

8GB ram would help as well.

Yeah an i3 3220 costs 7500 inr here whereas an fx 6300 costs 7200

And the i3 outperforms the fx, so the price is right imo.

Single thread performance was terrible from the Athlon era, core 2 series were almost 30% faster clock for clock and the gap has only gone wider ever since.

I wonder what AMD is thinking noways in terms of processing performance, i know they wanted to go mobile competitive (and are good at it thanks to APU's), and i heard a rumor they neglect the desktop processors in the process (as seen from the newer processors from AMD, the Phenom II is faster clock for clock than any fx chip).

Soon Intel is really just the way to go.

AMD does all it can for how little money they in contrast to big I though  :-/

Now in English? xD

Oh wow, that's embarrassing lol

**AMD does all it can to compete with what little money they have in contrast to "the big I" though  :-/

You mean I stay on my i3 (1st gen though)

I'd save until you can get exactly what you want without settling. But get the PSU for now, then GPU then CPU/motherboard IMHO

Warweeny take off your fanboy hat for a moment and look at what I wrote, in EXPERIENCE the differance is hard to notice. I put an A10 6800K at stock next to an i7 4770K at stock and both using a 7970 video card. We cranked up a number of games with a few shooters, RPGs and strategy games and set the same detail levels at 1080 and NO ONE that walked by could tell the difference in actual game play.

Sure benchmarks show a difference but benchmarks seldom relfect the real world experience. Based on the build he is doing switching to a larger video card or more RAM will have a more NOTICABLE impact than the CPU upgrade. Now if his favorite past time is benchmarking then you are 100% right and Intel is the only thing that makes sense but actually using the computer the difference is lot less than most believe.

Warweeny take off your fanboy hat for a moment and look at what I wrote, in EXPERIENCE the differance is hard to notice. I put an A10 6800K at stock next to an i7 4770K at stock and both using a 7970 video card. We cranked up a number of games with a few shooters, RPGs and strategy games and set the same detail levels at 1080 and NO ONE that walked by could tell the difference in actual game play.

Sure benchmarks show a difference but benchmarks seldom relfect the real world experience. Based on the build he is doing switching to a larger video card or more RAM will have a more NOTICABLE impact than the CPU upgrade. Now if his favorite past time is benchmarking then you are 100% right and Intel is the only thing that makes sense but actually using the computer the difference is lot less than most believe.

Numbers don't lie.

Graphs and numbers are bullshit for what most are going to be doing with a pc. Good majority of users that go Intel seem to do based on places like this saying that they will dust much cheaper amd CPUs. While this may be true on graphs based on overclocking and benchmarks the average user isn't going to overclock or notice a difference in anything except their wallet.