Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

Guess what happened to case on the left and win an e-cookie.

Double powder load or wrong powder. Seeing as the primer on the right has been flattened out, I would take these both as an over pressure situation. 

If I'm wrong and its semi auto your gas system is taking in WAY to much gas and your action is opening up pre-maturely. 

If I'm wrong twice I would like to know the reason, I like being wrong. I always remember after I make myself look dumb :D 

Edit: Maybe too much head space

Edited by GabrielTessin

No recent additions for me unfortunately.  I did get an email from Fusion back in August though asking which sights I'd like.  So maybe my longslide 1911 will be finished soon...ish.  Only been waiting for about 40 months or so.

20141030_173015.jpg

20141030_173120.jpg

Noveske N4 Light Recce

Mossberg 590A1

Dan Wesson CBOB

Springfield XDm 9mm

Excuse the dirtyness.  I haven't cleaned them yet after my last trip to the range.

Coors what sight do you have on your AR?   Im looking to pick something up for mine the first of January but haven't decided on just what yet,  was kinda leaning towards an acog scope.

Also picked up an Accu-shot ATLAS Bipod BT10-LW17 (V8) with ADM 170-s Lever for my AR lastnight

Edited by olokul

Guess what happened to case on the left and win an e-cookie.

The left had a pressure spike. It didnt behave like too much powder. I have a large powder volume wheel for the rcbs powder measure so used to drops of powder for a full charge but only did one drop. With the case on the side the powder lays flat and the primer flash hole sits above the powder level. Primer flashes over a larger surface area of powder igniting more of it than no rt mal causing an instant spike of pressure rather than a curve. So you can get over pressure from too little powder. Not a lot of rifle cases can hold enough powder and still fit the bullet in the case. 45 acp can hold almost 3 charges in it and still fit a bullet. Case on the right is normal for 300 win mag.

Double powder load or wrong powder. Seeing as the primer on the right has been flattened out, I would take these both as an over pressure situation.

If I'm wrong and its semi auto your gas system is taking in WAY to much gas and your action is opening up pre-maturely.

If I'm wrong twice I would like to know the reason, I like being wrong. I always remember after I make myself look dumb :D

Edit: Maybe too much head space?

Coors what sight do you have on your AR?   Im looking to pick something up for mine the first of January but haven't decided on just what yet,  was kinda leaning towards an acog scope.

Also picked up an Accu-shot ATLAS Bipod BT10-LW17 (V8) with ADM 170-s Lever for my AR lastnight

It's an Aimpoint PRO

coors how do you like the aimpoint?    So im down to these two options

Aimpoint Pro with an Aimpoint 3X Magnifier with ether a twist off or flip to side mount

or

TA31-CH ACOG 4x32 scope

Ive been leaning more to the Aimpoint since it will give me short and mid range while the ACOG will only give me mid range.

I'll try and get a picture up tonight of the gun, specs so far

LWRC IC SPR 16.1" Helic barrel

Magpul Gen-2 Angled forend grip

Accu-shot ATLAS Bipod

Update for pictures

BDF0936A-CC0B-40B7-9C15-03AD10CC7067_zps

24A18746-6296-49FC-A88C-BAD53E2D48E3_zps

Edited by olokul

I have no complaints.  The battery life is nice.  I think it's 3 years if you leave it on 24/7.  And I used a Comp M4 in Afghan so I was already used to the Aimpoint.  I've never used any other red dot though so I have nothing to compare it to.  I don't think you'd regret it.

Why the 10rd mags though?  Indiana doesn't have any laws against 30rds right?  Pretty sure they don't because I was near Indianapolis and went to a range with mine and no one said anything and other people had them too.  I'm guessing the 10rd mag is easier to deal with the bipod?

Looks like I-594 passed here in wa yesterday. We went from one of the most gun friendly states to having one of the strictest gun control laws in the country. Stuff could get real interesting here.

Edited by iluvstrats2

That sucks...... I kind of hate that Indiana is so relaxed on their laws.    

I work with a guy (Paul) that was in the navy for 10 years, trained on occasion with the seals.  Fast forward  15-20 years he now is a NRA CCW instructor and part police officer, this is all on top of his normal 40 hour week normal job.    About 6 years ago I got moved into his department at work and over a course of a year made good friends with him, anytime we talked we always ended up on the topic of guns.    Little back story on me, my family has never been into guns.  I grew up with a bb gun and that was it, right around 16 I started to get into paintball and at 23 started to do tournaments.   So one day after work Paul said he was going down to the gun store and wanted to see if I wanted to go.  For a month now I had been saying how I want to go to the range with him and shoot, so we head down to the gun store. 30 min later I walk out with a Glock 19, Paul looks at me and was like sh!t it that easy to get a gun in Indiana, hes for Michigan.  Mind you ive never held or shot a pistol before.   You just fill out the paperwork, they call it in, if everything is ok you walk out the door same day with a gun.  Carry permits are just as easy, fill out paperwork send it in, everything is ok they will give you a carry permit.

I think every state should make you take a gun safety class before buying your first gun, and another class before getting a carry permit.    To this day I still have not filed for my carry permit because I personally do not feel that I am ready.  I now own a Glock 19, Sig P238, & Lwrc m6ic spr ar15.  Both pistols have around 500 rounds through them and 120 rounds in the AR.   My goal for next year is to shoot my pistols a lot more and file for my carry permit.