Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

Very nice!  Have not bought anything lately but am looking at a few 22LR rifles. Still looking around.

Which ones are you considering?

Looking at a Savage Mk II F. Not looking for expensive just accurate. With the 10/22 they seem to require a ton of aftermarket parts to get them "right".  Looked at a Marlin XT-22 as well but am leary of Marlin after the Remington acquisition. 

Very nice!  Have not bought anything lately but am looking at a few 22LR rifles. Still looking around.

Which ones are you considering?

Looking at a Savage Mk II F. Not looking for expensive just accurate. With the 10/22 they seem to require a ton of aftermarket parts to get them "right".  Looked at a Marlin XT-22 as well but am leary of Marlin after the Remington acquisition.

I have a mkII fvsr. It's fun.

That's what I want my first .22 rifle to be, and yeah I've never looked into 10/22s because everyone's like "they're so customizable" but I'm like "I just want a gun that shoots better out of the box, and in general" lol

The XT-22 is sexy though :evilgrin: , I have my sister's Model 75 (shortened model 60) she inherited from my grandfather but still haven't had a chance to try it yet. I definitely want a bolt action rifle for my own. I inherited a Universal M1 .30 Carbine from my grandpa

Edited by IVIYTH0S

10/22s out of the box aren't bad at all.  The only thing I'd really consider changing on mine is the trigger.

Why so? Practical experience is better than a lot of internet drivel.

The trigger pull is just a little heavier than I prefer.  It doesn't affect my accuracy at all though so it's not so bad as to make me rush out and upgrade it.  I got the takedown version and it's a good rifle for the money.

20160130_153333.jpg

20160130_153217.jpg

10/22s out of the box aren't bad at all. The only thing I'd really consider changing on mine is the trigger.

Yeah but if you can get a Model 60 which shoots better than a 10/22 and is cheaper why wouldn't ya :P

That being said, for a "rifle-rifle" I'd want a bolt action for maximum power (maybe even 22WMR, but probably 22LR so it's compatible with my pistol as I'm still new and want to experience it all)

I think my next pistol will be .38/.357 revolver with the same mentality, reliability and most out of each round :) . Any recommendations?

Edited by IVIYTH0S