Thank you Tiger Direct - Rant

Locutus

i got an extra 5450 you can have bro

just PM me your address

the 5450 draws a high amount of electricity so ports older than pcie 2.1 may not work if power is coming directly from the motherboard

maybe u can warranty the card though

Edited by potatochobit

I've never actually ordered from TigerDirect, if I remember correctly. However, every single person that has ordered something from them has not had one positive thing to say. It's a shame really, lol. Newegg has been great to me over the years, even with returns, as has Amazon.

Not every single person, I've had all good luck with them :rolleyes:

I bought a computer at best buy and it was not working properly 

so I took it to compusa and they diagnosed it as a bad motherboard

they honored the manufacturer warranty and replaced the motherboard for me and I didnt have to take the computer back to bestbuy or pay anything

ive been to the tigerdirect retail stores but only during the holidays

the employees have always been helpful and earnest but the products you need to scrutinize 

they get discountinued models, clearance models, 

just PM me your address

the 5450 draws a high amount of electricity so ports older than pcie 2.1 may not work if power is coming directly from the motherboard

I'm currently using a 512mb 5450 my roommate lent me, but thanks for the offer.

I'd like to see what XFX has to say about it.

EDIT: HOLD ON

you said 5450?

ok I happen to have experience with this so I hope you are not trying to use this in an old computer

a 5450 may not work in anything older than a phenom II

let me know exactly what you are trying to do

the problem is you are trying to make excuses for why this could happen

next time, go to the store and tell them the wrong item was in the box when you opened it and you want an exchange

they can figure out what happened themselves

contacting the manufacturer will do you absolutely not good

go back and talk to the manager

EDit:

interesting thing, in the news before people would return iphones and gameboys that were still sealed but they actually had been opened and rocks were placed inside and the store was reselling them.

I also bought an xbox game once from walmart and when I got home it was empty inside. 

I think they sold me the package they opened for the demo display.

Remember the Intel i7 920 fiasco from a few years ago? People getting boxes from all retailers with nothing but a sheet of paper and a plastic fake heatsink and fan. Someone hijacked the shipment stole the cpus and replaced them with the plastic stuff.

I've never actually ordered from TigerDirect, if I remember correctly. However, every single person that has ordered something from them has not had one positive thing to say. It's a shame really, lol. Newegg has been great to me over the years, even with returns, as has Amazon.

One out of 650,312, lol. :P Just messing. I know it's not literally everyone, but it's pretty close in my personal group of people who have had experiences with them, and that's upsetting for a business.

just PM me your address

I'm currently using a 512mb 5450 my roommate lent me, but thanks for the offer.

I'd like to see what XFX has to say about it.

Good luck! Don't let stop until you've had due reparations!

One out of 650,312, lol. :P Just messing. I know it's not literally everyone, but it's pretty close in my personal group of people who have had experiences with them, and that's upsetting for a business.

And I'm not even a cat person!! :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...