Need a recommended video card.

I'd go for a used 7970 and then buy a new case!

I think you're the last person here that should recommend to people on buying a new case! :P

Hey mine fits any video card though! (since I cut it out further for the 5970) :P

It's not the best looking card but at 9.53" and a free game :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127744

And def get a new case man.  There are actually a lot of deals on the 760 with mail in rebates to get it below 250 even a reman for 210, so take a look at them and use the saved money on a case.  

Hmm. I asked my friend if he could get the card for me since I can't drive. Instead he stopped over with a XFX - Core Edition Radeon R7 240 2gb Ddr3 PCI Express Graphics Card and said I could have it for free. He had an extra one sitting around that he never used. Is this a good card? I also notice theres a HDMI port on it. Can I hook up my monitor to that, would it even improve the display at all? Thanks!

Edited by Assassin X

I'd bet your 4850 is more powerful than an R7 240 by a very significant amount...

Waco is correct, that 6 year old card is faster by a good amount.

I'd bet your 4850 is more powerful than an R7 240 by a very significant amount...

Waco is correct, that 6 year old card is faster by a good amount.
+ this, though a fine backup card it'd make...Though I guess that's what the 4850 shall do

i agree with wevspot unless your wanting a new card el capitans used gtx 580 is  less than a 100 points less in the passmark 3d test than the gtx 760. another option if you have 9.5 inches is evga b stock gtx 760 superclocked with acx cooler for $229.00

Ah I see. I'll still go get another card then. He tried saying its way more powerful but the card is old so didn't think it was that much more powerful at all. 

Edited by Assassin X

Ah I see. I'll still go get another card then. He tried saying its way more powerful but the card is old so didn't think it was that much more powerful at all. 

he probably just going off the naming and figured it has to be faster.