Motherboard DOA?

I don't think I've had a board beep in years. Have you tried another monitor just to be sure (I'm on my phone, sorry if you've already answered).

LOL, I haven't used a mb speaker in years, are you sure the bios is set to use onboard video, or , do you have a spare video card to try with it ?

There is no need to laugh and be condescending about it. I was just asking for help. I have been building about 2-3 PC's a week for customers for a good 5 years now. I am not new to this by any means and when it comes to customer's PC's I make sure everything works 100% and that means making sure speaker is plugged just in case. 

EDIT: How would I know what the BIOS is set to, when I cannot access the BIOS because I get no splash screen. Yes, I have used different known working video cards as well as all 3 (VGA, DVI and HDMI) integrated video outputs.

LOL, I haven't used a mb speaker in years, are you sure the bios is set to use onboard video, or , do you have a spare video card to try with it ?

You took this wrong, I was lol'ing at myself because I quit using tbe mb beep fix years ago cause no mb manufacturer could agree on how many beeps meant what. I don't know how you figured this was condescending when my next sentence I offered you sound advice. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Have you tried another PSU? It sounds as though you have tried everything else. 

That I haven't done. Current PSU has only been used for 1 hour in another working build that I took it out of (due to needing a stronger PSU for the upgraded GPU being installed). I checked the rails with my multimeter out of curiosity, all reading the correct voltages.

I believe you guys that there are motherboards that do not beep during POST, I guess I am just old school about things and I have never personally come across one that didn't. In all honesty I rarely ever use them in my personal builds, but over the past few years of being used to the beep on the motherboards I did use mobo speakers on, not hearing a beep in addition to not getting anything on screen raises some flags to me.

Most do not come with a speaker anymore but cases still do so there is the option of hooking up to the front panel header. I just don't because I find it annoying.  SOme boards are very specific on the specifications the PSU has to meet. I ran into an AMD board that would not post with a couple different  builder series power supplies even though they were fine. It was odd and meant a trip to Microcenter to overpay for a 500w PSU that would work.  

just a guess but maybe does your bios need to be updated to support that processor? i checked the website theres 4 bioses for that board. 30.0 is the first. 30.1 says it improves cpu compatability. maybe you have 30.0 and you need 30.1 or higher. 

Edited by rieds

The A6-6400K was "supposedly" supported by the first BIOS revision that was released with the board.  But as Rieds has pointed out they are up to BIOS version 30.3 now.  It can always be a BIOS incompatibility issue with the RAM or CPU, but since you apparently don't have a way to flash to the latest BIOS (even if it was necessary) I don't see much choice other than RMA the board.

If this is a new customer build, you might consider RMA the CPU too just to make sure you don't find out it was the processor instead of the board.

You don't have any other way to check the cpu or the motherboard with spare parts do you?

If you're building that many PCs for that long PLEASE tell me you have a POST card around somewhere? The board's got a PCI slot so I would personally plug one in and check it out, numeric codes while still cryptic are easier to troubleshoot than beeps or no beeps after all.

I would suggest we take the Bios battery away for a few minutes.

The long beeps sometimes may also indicating the CPU is not able to initialize as well.

Try clean the RAM pins with the paper rubber. This can provide a better connection.

Seems to me the mobo is more likely faulty to me.

Please be carefull not to letting the mobo base touching any metal chase area or pushing the power connector to the mobo to hard.

I have seem a few mobo shorted this way.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Tech Mananger, WPTinc.