Video Display Driver stopped responding

I've been getting an error rather infrequently, but increasingly so lately, where the screen will freeze, come back a little, freeze, go blank, and then come back up 15 seconds later. I get a little message on the lower right hand side of my screen telling me my display driver has stopped working, and successfully recovered. I got this GTX460 2 ish years ago, and I wonder if it might be starting to fail?

Is this happening under load or at the desktop? My 460 occasionally does the same thing in certain games, and has for the last year or so. Otherwise its completely fine. Also, what drivers are you on?

Try updating the drivers and see if its better or the same. Make sure the video card doesn't need cleaning either.

Honestly, it's been a few months since i've cleaned out my tower, let alone my card... I think I should do that.

Are you overclocking the vga card? I get the same message while I'm overclocking my card tring to get higher speeds.The mon. just goes blank or the game will freeze up then crash to the desk top.

This has happend with more then one of the nvidia drivers,so I don't think it's a driver issue for me.

The 460 is a pretty good card ,my last one I ran oc'ed for 3 years and still runs fine, but the odd time I had to do a complete uninstall of the drivers and then a reinstall and that usually fixed any problems, and yes a clean card runs much better.

Try updating the drivers and see if its better or the same. Make sure the video card doesn't need cleaning either.

Honestly, it's been a few months since i've cleaned out my tower, let alone my card... I think I should do that.

Sometimes cleaning up dusty PSI-E slots work like a charm. And also update the display drivers.