The Official E3 2013 Thread

bp9801

Killzone: Mercenary. PS Vita game set years before Shadow Fall.

So torn on this. I hate console shooters (ugh, analog sticks), but this looks so good, I kind of want the eye candy for my Vita :wallbash:

Batman: Arkham Origins. :D

Touch more information on the PS4.

It includes a 500GB hard drive, but should hopefully be upgradeable to a larger one. The system comes with an HDMI cable, USB cable, power cord, a controller, and a mono earpiece. The PS Eye doesn't come with it, but costs $59 extra. Extra DualShock 4s are also $59.

I am a bit late to the game I know... I was watching E3 last night laying in bed trying to sleep..

So I am not much of a console gamer anymore, but I do enjoy seeing what games are coming out and if a game grabs my attention enough I usually buy the console..

Yes. I have bought an entire console before for just 1 game. (Wii U - Mario Bro's U (as an example))

So I was watching EA's thing yesterday and they showed the Trailer for the game The Crew (which Andrew posted a video of a few pages back.) The trailer looked amazing! I was stoked..

Then I seen the game play footage... Eww... Maybe it was because I was streaming, but the quality of the game looked almost like the original NFS.. I dunno, but I was not impressed at all with the actual game play.

Then I seen the trailer for Watch Dogs: Epic! Have any of you seen the TV Show: Person of Interest? This game reminds me exactly of the TV show (well for the most part).

I am interested in trying this game, but I am hoping it comes to PC because I don't think I am wanting to shell out $400-$500+ for a PS4 or XB1 anytime soon.

Star Wars Battlefront!! BATTLEFRONT!! I am with bp9801 - I really hope EA/Bioware does not mess this game up. This game however is possible to get me to spend the money on the PS4 or XB1 if it is not released to PC.

Right now I am currently waiting for Nintendo to come on here in about 20mins. I am really hoping for some Zelda loving on my Wii U... I might possibly cry if nothing is mentioned..

Oh and that Rayman Legends.. I played this back before the Wii U was available on the Wii U at Best Buy. The game was quite awesome!! When I got my Wii U I looked all over for this game I could never find it.

When I seen it at E3 I was like... "Oh wow.. wtf? No wonder I could not find it!" So I will be getting this game as well in September when it finally releases!

We've been watching Person of Interest at my home for awhile now and yeah, many similarities with Watch_Dogs. It is coming to PC, so you don't need to buy a console for it (unless Ubisoft really messes up the porting).

Watching Nintendo's thing right now. Ubi is porting Watch_Dogs to Wii U..

They showed a clip for Zelda.. Looks like they are re-releasing Windwaker to the Wii U.. There better be a new Zelda.. I already played and beat Windwaker.. 

Not really sure though because their video feed messed up in the middle of the Windwaker part.

They announced Mario Kart 8, but wont be out until next year.

SUPER SMASH BROS U! 2014! (also on the 3DS) Joining the team is Mega Man!

Here is the Full Nintendo Direct E3 Programming from this morning.

Seems the PS4 is region-free, meaning games imported from another country won't have any issue playing.

@Chuck, kind of sucks how most of the Nintendo stuff isn't due until next year. They need some major stuff this year. Super Smash Bros. U should be a ton of fun, as usual, and may be a reason for me to get a Wii U. Also, The Crew is a Ubisoft title. :P

Tom Clancy's The Division Gameplay Trailer:

http://youtu.be/CdWwhWxfmvE

are those allies AI or is that co-op? If the former that's amazing. I though i saw somewhere that this is an MMO?

They were human players. The game is being classified as "online open-world RPG"...I believe it's handled similarly to Destiny, in that it's a shared world type of game - drop-in-drop-out co-op, can run across other players and engage in PvP if you want (that occurred at the end of the demo), etc. No word on whether you can block all that and play completely solo, but I'm guessing not since they specifically used the word "online" to describe the game on more than one occasion.

So I was watching EA's thing yesterday and they showed the Trailer for the game The Crew (which Andrew posted a video of a few pages back.) The trailer looked amazing! I was stoked..

Then I seen the game play footage... Eww... Maybe it was because I was streaming, but the quality of the game looked almost like the original NFS.. I dunno, but I was not impressed at all with the actual game play.

Then I seen the trailer for Watch Dogs: Epic! Have any of you seen the TV Show: Person of Interest? This game reminds me exactly of the TV show (well for the most part).

I am interested in trying this game, but I am hoping it comes to PC because I don't think I am wanting to shell out $400-$500+ for a PS4 or XB1 anytime soon.

Oh and that Rayman Legends.. I played this back before the Wii U was available on the Wii U at Best Buy. The game was quite awesome!! When I got my Wii U I looked all over for this game I could never find it.

When I seen it at E3 I was like... "Oh wow.. wtf? No wonder I could not find it!" So I will be getting this game as well in September when it finally releases!

I think The Crew gameplay looked good except for the physics, but could just be because it's an early demo. But if you don't have friends to play with, it may not be as fun.

Watch_Dogs does indeed look epic. I'd really like to see a 20-minute hands-on unedited gameplay video to see just how open-world the game is and how much freedom you have. All these snippets of gameplay has been great, but I don't want to see missions, I want to see what happens in between missions or when you ignore missions. Is there truly freedom like in GTA? Not saying I need that - I actually tend to enjoy more linear experiences - but I want to know!

Well we had an exact opposite reaction to Rayman Legends on the Wii U - for me, it showed just how bad the Wii U is and how much the GamePad screen was a horrible gimmick. The game itself looks great, but did you "activate" the "fifth" character that's GamePad-only? UGH! So glad the game is coming to every other platform now too.

They announced Mario Kart 8, but wont be out until next year.

SUPER SMASH BROS U! 2014! (also on the 3DS) Joining the team is Mega Man!

Never been a huge Mario Kart fan. It's fun for local co-op, but meh. If I'm going to play a Nintendo game in local co-op, give me SSB any day.

But speaking of SSB, I think the addition of Mega Man is awesome, but not reason enough to get a Wii U. I mean really, every new SSB is just adding characters, so if you have a Wii (or even a GC), it's pointless to buy a Wii U just for SSBU.

Hey now... hey now... No shots below the belt.. :) 

The Wii is pretty awesome for me though.. I occasionally hook my NES and Atari to play games..

I have an Xbox and all I have ever used it for was Star Wars Force Unleashed and to watch Movies or whatever on..

Now that my NES is getting to the point were it's not loading games and some of my games that have the batteries in them to save games are starting to die and no longer saving my games. The virtual console on the Wii is being used more and more..

Though I am looking at building this soon: http://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/2013/01/08/raspberry-pi-in-a-nes-case-part-1-wiring-up-the-front-panel-and-external-connectors/

The Crew is being called (by the director) an MMO-CarPG.

RPG aspects include unlocking new kits, which subsequently allows you to access new areas. You can also get abilities like increasing the Police cooldowns.

The MMO aspect includes late-game PvP, but the guy would not discuss any details aside from mentioning it exists.

EDIT: Planned for PC too!