The Official E3 2013 Thread

bp9801

Looks like a Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is coming out for PC, PS3, and 360. Among some of the additions are a complete overhaul of the boss battles, which I imagine means there's a non-lethal way to take out every boss. Nice to see Square Enix is ripping out those outsourced battles that were really the only blight on the RPG.

Oh, and there's a Wii U version of DE:HR planned, too.

It'd be interesting to see if they release the "boss-battle overhaul" as a separate download for those with the game already.

Yeah, I'd hope it's separate DLC for current owners. Maybe $5 or something.

Hopefully that's like "it's on hiatus so we can get it working properly on the PS4. Only fitting, I mean, it's been 5 years since TLG was announced, amirite guys?"

Final Fantasy XV Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v32_ZgBez-Q

Beyond: Two Souls Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NonOOHcYmw

inFamous: Second Son Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SWZfEJF7Ho

Watch_Dogs Gameplay. Not the 20 minutes Clay was wanting, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaezHZSjJh0

Seems like Ubisoft forgot to mention a detail when it unveiled The Division.

The Division comes alongside a companion app that allows a tablet-user to become a guardian angel, a good samaritan, or a legendary troll.

During my guided demo, a member of developer Massive Entertainment logged into the app while three other players explored Brooklyn on their PlayStation 4s. Once the app-user joined up with the players on the ground, the tablet displayed an aerial view of the block which they were exploring. The tablet allows a player to become a drone in the environment, and they are privy to a suite of skills each with its own specific cool-downs. Tapping a skill loaded it up, and then tapping somewhere on the screen engaged the ability in that area. Many of these were classic MMO staples, such as an armor buff that boosted the stats of your party, and a healing spell

Tom Clancy's The Division Gameplay Trailer:

http://youtu.be/CdWwhWxfmvE

are those allies AI or is that co-op? If the former that's amazing. I though i saw somewhere that this is an MMO?

They were human players. The game is being classified as "online open-world RPG"...I believe it's handled similarly to Destiny, in that it's a shared world type of game - drop-in-drop-out co-op, can run across other players and engage in PvP if you want (that occurred at the end of the demo), etc. No word on whether you can block all that and play completely solo, but I'm guessing not since they specifically used the word "online" to describe the game on more than one occasion.

so a MO-RPG (Multiplayer Online RPG). Although IMO it looks more like a multiplayer 3rd person shooter with RPG elements

It looks cool, but MMOs & multiplayer in general really aren't my bag. Would definitely buy if you can solo it / private game / turn off pvp. I just don't have the time required to commit to multiplayer games.

the announcement trailer had the whole watch dogs / prototype vibe going for it but did very little on selling me a game. Gameplay video was amaze-balls though

Seems like Ubisoft forgot to mention a detail when it unveiled The Division.

The Division comes alongside a companion app that allows a tablet-user to become a guardian angel, a good samaritan, or a legendary troll.

During my guided demo, a member of developer Massive Entertainment logged into the app while three other players explored Brooklyn on their PlayStation 4s. Once the app-user joined up with the players on the ground, the tablet displayed an aerial view of the block which they were exploring. The tablet allows a player to become a drone in the environment, and they are privy to a suite of skills each with its own specific cool-downs. Tapping a skill loaded it up, and then tapping somewhere on the screen engaged the ability in that area. Many of these were classic MMO staples, such as an armor buff that boosted the stats of your party, and a healing spell
Edited by bilcliff

Yep, what bilcliff said. During the presentation, you could clearly see "Tablet" next to a player's name. I noticed that right away while watching live, so I would not say "Ubisoft forgot to mention" it as it was pretty obvious, IMO.

I think it's certainly interesting that so many games now are using this notion of a "second screen", but I'm happy to see that all the games using it can still happily be played without it. Sure it provides some advantages, but nothing earth shattering.

Yep, what bilcliff said. During the presentation, you could clearly see "Tablet" next to a player's name. I noticed that right away while watching live, so I would not say "Ubisoft forgot to mention" it as it was pretty obvious, IMO.

I think it's certainly interesting that so many games now are using this notion of a "second screen", but I'm happy to see that all the games using it can still happily be played without it. Sure it provides some advantages, but nothing earth shattering.

During the vid you could see, yeah, but it's not like Ubisoft said what it all meant precisely during it.

What's with all these posts about computer hardware and troubleshooting during E3?! :rolleyes:

:teehee:

Been watching a lot of GameSpot coverage whenever I could.

Batman: Arkham Origins looks just like the previous two (which is a good thing!). Unveiled one new gadget so far, the Remote Claw. Currently way overpowered, so they'll probably tone it down and only allow one to be used at a time.

Killzone: Mercenary doesn't look like a handheld game - I don't believe them! lol

Wolfenstein looks AWESOME!

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden looks absolutely BONKERS!

If you like CCGs, you'll want to check Hex: Shards of Fate... SOCKETED CARDS!