Good down draft cooler

My cousin is looking for a cooler that is better than the stock one for his Sandybridge cpu. He will be doingsome very mild overclocking but the problem is that he has a case that cannot fit tall tower coolers. His case is an old hand me down from me, which has two 80mm fans total. So a cooler with fans blowing down is pretty ideal so it can also give some extra airflow to nearby mobo components.

Been looking but would like your guys' suggestions on this!

Price should be under $35.

It's a no name brand, don't exactly know the dimensions of the case, but the rams don't have any heatsinks on it so no problems with that. Down draft coolers don't tend to be that tall anyways, so I would not worry about the tallness or clearance.

Stonerboy, that one looks pretty good. I think I looked at that one too. Any comparable ones?

i was looking around newegg for this,  this morning and found a pretty neat prolimatech that looked awesome and could do the job, but you need your own fanage...

this one

What about this? Has anyone had any experience with this cooler?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=42382&vpn=Alpine%2011%20Pro%20rev%202&manufacture=Arctic%20Cooling&promoid=1010

Cheap, comes with pre applied good paste, probably is better than the stock easily, and again, the OC will be either super mild to none. It's his first time switching out a heatsink and I'm in Alberta and hes in BC lol so I can't really supervise him on how to correctly apply thermal paste n stuff. Just a bit skeptical because the price is insanely cheap.

@ cjloki, that ones a bit outta his budget. Looks like a good cooler tho! Abit overkill too haha

Edited by nickk47

NZXT used to have a low profile cooler, but it doesn't look to be in sale anywhere.

The cooler Master Gemini mentioned is a good one, you also have Zaman CNPS 7500 thru 8900 Extreme series.

I have the 7500-CU for my A8-3850 and it seems to fit the bill. I would like to give temperatures but Hardware Monitor gives me from 0 on idle to 35 when on OCCT CPU+iGPU.

I let the mobo control the fan (Gigabyte A75 something...) and the fan stops on idle and starts back when watching a video. Low noise FTW

Out of topic : I finally solved my BSOD with that comp, C6 states MUST be disabled on this particular board+CPU.

Yes, C6 should be disabled on most APUs. That thing was giving me troubles as well.

I suggested the Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Pro and the CM Gemini to him. It's upto him now to get what he wants.

Thanks all!

Off topic: Don't purchase the Asus F2A85-V. Dunno about the Pro version, but this one HATES it when increasing the fsb frequency to overclock. Could not get it stabilized even when given ample voltages to the NB.

Edited by nickk47