Xbox One

bp9801

I invested far more time in my XBox 360 than my PS3.  I definitely prefer the online segment on XBL more as I find the competition to be more stout.

Thooooooooough, no interest in the XBone at this time.  In fact, I might even consider the Wii U if the library could grow past Zombie U.

I honestly stopped using my 360 over the last couple years. I play a couple games on it from time to time, but I went nearly a year between actually turning it on. I did just recently cancel XBL Gold too, so now I don't need to waste money on something I barely use.

My PS3, on the other hand, sees uses pretty much every day. Movies, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and games get their turn on it. Add in PS+ to basically earn back the $50/yr price in a month and that's about all I really need in terms of consoles.

Only reason my 360 got more play time is because that is where my core group of friends play.

I will say that I prefer the controller on the 360 more than the PS3 but since the XBone decided bigger is better its going to lose that advantage.  Granted I won't know till try both controllers out but so far the PS4 controller looks like it could be better.

The features you mention is all a console really needs to provide these days anyway.  Even then I still liked it when consoles were purely consoles but having access to Blu-Ray, Amazon Prime, Crunchy Roll, Netflix, etc are nice and don't subtract in any way.   The features on the XBone is crap I'm paying extra for that I don't want.  I don't need to consolidate my Tivo because I don't have a Tivo. 

I wonder if the XBone will keep its stupid annoying tile ridden advertisement infested operating system.  Nothing about that GUI is friendly.   If you want to advertise something, make a separate section for it so I can go there if I want ...not so its my homescreen. :rolleyes:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that I prefer the controller on the 360 more than the PS3 but since the XBone decided bigger is better its going to lose that advantage.  Granted I won't know till try both controllers out but so far the PS4 controller looks like it could be better.

What pictures were you looking at? The XB1 controller is the same overall size as the 360 controller, only with a smaller battery compartment, better D-pad, stickier thumb sticks and a smoother texture. The PS4 remote is more of the same uncomfortable controller with a mini touch pad. Looks to me like MS improved on the 360 controller while Sony if anything side-graded theirs.

image_302725_fit_940.jpg

dsc9030.jpg

Edited by tbris84

The one plus I see with the new Xbox controller is it appears to be MicroUSB not some proprietary BS that no one could give less of a crap for. (Of course the PS3 had the once very common MiniUSB port, so I can only hope the PS4 will be MicroUSB as well, following the combined trend of its predecessor and its competitor).

I've always been a fan of the PS controllers and they just keep getting better but I am equally happy with either "side". (my computer controller is more like an Xbox controller, even though it's a 3rd party. I can switch the thumbsticks to be like an Xbox or PS style which is pretty cool)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

(Of course the PS3 had the once very common MiniUSB port, so I can only hope the PS4 will be MicroUSB as well, following the combined trend of its predecessor and its competitor).

Good news, it does.

@Fogel, like I said I wasn't a fan of spending $60/yr to use the same features (like Netflix) on the 360 that I can for free on the PS3. Plus I'm not a fan of the UI on the 360, too convoluted and slow despite all the "upgrades" it supposedly had to be faster.

The one plus I see with the new Xbox controller is it appears to be MicroUSB not some proprietary BS that no one could give less of a crap for. (Of course the PS3 had the once very common MiniUSB port, so I can only hope the PS4 will be MicroUSB as well, following the combined trend of its predecessor and its competitor).

I've always been a fan of the PS controllers and they just keep getting better but I am equally happy with either "side". (my computer controller is more like an Xbox controller, even though it's a 3rd party. I can switch the thumbsticks to be like an Xbox or PS style which is pretty cool)

Except they changed the audio port, so current headsets WILL NOT WORK. Way to go, MS! :rolleyes:

What pictures were you looking at? The XB1 controller is the same overall size as the 360 controller, only with a smaller battery compartment, better D-pad, stickier thumb sticks and a smoother texture. The PS4 remote is more of the same uncomfortable controller with a mini touch pad. Looks to me like MS improved on the 360 controller while Sony if anything side-graded theirs.

Picture x2

Not one that showed them side by side.   That definitely changed my opinion of it - thanks for sharing!  I was going by stand alone pictures.  For some reason when I saw the pictures of it by itself it looked bigger and dorkier.  I like how they got rid of that battery pack hump - that did always annoy me a bit.   Nice improvement there.

I still can't say it changed my view on the XBone but I feel better about the controller so if something does come along to change that feeling than that is one less thing that would hold me back on purchasing.

@bp

Ya I can understand that.  The fact I could buy a year on Amazon for $30 made me tolerate the annual fee.   Speaking of slow clunky user interface.  They better make typing messages on this new system faster.  That frustrates the living piss out of me when ever I used my xbox.  Nothing made me miss mouse and keyboard more than trying to type a PM on xbox live.

Edited by Fogel

The one plus I see with the new Xbox controller is it appears to be MicroUSB not some proprietary BS that no one could give less of a crap for. (Of course the PS3 had the once very common MiniUSB port, so I can only hope the PS4 will be MicroUSB as well, following the combined trend of its predecessor and its competitor). I've always been a fan of the PS controllers and they just keep getting better but I am equally happy with either "side". (my computer controller is more like an Xbox controller, even though it's a 3rd party. I can switch the thumbsticks to be like an Xbox or PS style which is pretty cool)

Except they changed the audio port, so current headsets WILL NOT WORK. Way to go, MS! :rolleyes:

Won't effect me, with only a PS3 from "last gen" :teehee: (a PS3 that I only use as a glorified PS2 with a sweet wireless controller and bluray drive lol)

(Of course the PS3 had the once very common MiniUSB port, so I can only hope the PS4 will be MicroUSB as well, following the combined trend of its predecessor and its competitor).

Good news, it does.

@Fogel, like I said I wasn't a fan of spending $60/yr to use the same features (like Netflix) on the 360 that I can for free on the PS3. Plus I'm not a fan of the UI on the 360, too convoluted and slow despite all the "upgrades" it supposedly had to be faster.

And the ads!

I hope that controller works with PC, or they release a PC specific controller without the extra features(wired version too plz) that won't be used by PC games.

Well your 360 controller will still work with the PC.  Not like you need the newest controller for the PC.  They didn't add any buttons, so still the same from that perspective.

Not too worried about the outdated headset plug.  I always used the cheap one that came with the system.   Makes me glad I didn't purchase any of those overpriced turtle beach things though.