Xbox One

bp9801

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the console will work without a Kinect plugged in. Chief Xbox One platform architect Marc Whitten broke the news via an AMA on IGN.

Since Kinect must be plugged in for the Xbox One to function, what happens if your Kinect breaks? Like if it falls off the top of your TV onto a hardwood floor or something? Will the console cease to function?

[Long list of the benefits]

That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn

Can't Microsoft just go back and rereveal, the console? I can even write the script though;

Don Mattrick gets on stage, moonwalks past a covered box, pulls back the cloth covering a beautifully styled console and takes his position at the front of the stage.

Mattrick: Clears throat You know the Xbox 360?

Mattrick leaves the stage to tumultuous applause, flowers are thrown, gamers are crying with happiness in their seats.

A short informational video shows revealing the specs and a number of release games.

Everyone is happy.

I thought the Xbox One was supposed to have an internal power supply? That's somewhat disappointing. Maybe in a "slim" version sometime down the line they can integrate it

Well, at least the Xbox One's power brick is smaller than the 360's. I mean, it's some progress.

So looks like Microsoft is dialing back the launch a bit, as it'll now only be in 13 markets and not 21. The lucky 13 are: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States, and New Zealand. The unlucky ones: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland.