Xbox One

bp9801

One thing I was thinking about as a possible effect of next gen consoles using multi-core CPUs is that it may push developers to code more cores into games, which could begin an industry move towards using more cores, as well as parallel processing. This would consequently make AMD chips more competitive, thus encouraging Intel to release chips with more cores.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I was thinking about as a possible effect of next gen consoles using multi-core CPUs is that it may push developers to code more cores into games, which could begin an industry move towards using more cores, as well as parallel processing. This would consequently make AMD chips more competitive, thus encouraging Intel to release chips with more cores.

Definitely true. You already saw the effects of that in current-gen multi-platform games, where tri-core support seemed to be the upper-most point, with additional cores being underutilized, if at all, as that's all the 360 could handle. Now that both the PS4 and XBOne are eight-core, we should definitely see multi-platform games take advantage of more cores on the PC, at least once developers get accustomed to doing so (usually takes a little time for devs to learn how to take advantage of what new consoles can do).

Been looking at some of the live blogs for the event and I love how just about everyone is so impressed by the fluidity of 60 FPS.

Before console games were marketed as running at 30FPS, so double that would be impressive. For them. :lol:

On the subject of USB ports, MiniUSB in my opinion is FAR superior to MicroUSB.

I know everything uses micro nowadays, but they're just... too damn micro!

The ports screw up waay too easily from plugging/unplugging.

Made a 'Hitler Reacts' video about the Xbox One, thought some of you guys might like to watch it, so I'll leave the link here.

It does have strong language in places, so parental guidance is advised ;)

On the subject of USB ports, MiniUSB in my opinion is FAR superior to MicroUSB.

I know everything uses micro nowadays, but they're just... too damn micro!

The ports screw up waay too easily from plugging/unplugging.

Yup, had to send my phone for repairing the port, and will have to soon

Made a 'Hitler Reacts' video about the Xbox One, thought some of you guys might like to watch it, so I'll leave the link here.

It does have strong language in places, so parental guidance is advised ;)

Nicely done :lol: