Ahhhh... rich people

Andrewr05

Stupid is no respector of income and wealth is no indicator of smarts.  Shame that we sometimes have the tendency to lump entire groups of people into certain stereotypes because of one or two glaring examples.  I'm with Doc on one thing in this thread though - I wouldn't ever stick those things in my house.

Read the 33rd post. I covered that aspect. 

They are also a lot nicer looking in real life. Plus you don't have to look at them. You don't need your eyes to listen to great audio : )

I am not rich by any means but I've given stuff to people who are in a harder position.   If they talk about me like the comments I read in this thread than there really is no point in being nice to someone.

This thread also reminds me of how glad I am to not be living in NoVA anymore.

This, this, this, and a million times this. 

Read the 33rd post. I covered that aspect. 

" I do have a bone to pick with stupid people who happen to have lots of money and tend to spend money with no thought what so ever"

What metric or standardized test are you gauging them against?  How are you determining who is stupid and who is not?  And, how do you know they spend money without any thought whatsoever?  Those are your perceptions and subjective opinions on the matter, nothing more.

And even further, it's their money so they can do with it as they please.  They earned it, stole it, or inherited it, so one way or another it's still their money.  The amount of bashing that goes on in today's politically correct world against those that are better off than us never ceases to amaze me.

But in the end it doesn't matter much any way, none of us get to take it with us.  If we have estates, they will just go to our stupid spouses, children or grandchildren who will spend it with no thought what so ever.

fricken hideous... I wouldnt dare over pay for something that ugly and then have the nerve to bring it home...

You are aware that it is from like the 1930s right? And they are some of the best speakers ever made to boot. 

Doesnt matter if they are old or not they are still big and ugly....

My wife is the best speaker in my house.. she's loud and obnoxious and just the right size.... although she's probably cost me more than those ugly box thingies...LOL

Nope. I am not going to get into another BS political correctness argument on this website. I have learned my most valuable life lesson on this website. Don't argue with people who love semantics. You will only go crazy. 

fricken hideous... I wouldnt dare over pay for something that ugly and then have the nerve to bring it home...

You are aware that it is from like the 1930s right? And they are some of the best speakers ever made to boot. 

Doesnt matter if they are old or not they are still big and ugly....

My wife is the best speaker in my house.. she's loud and obnoxious and just the right size.... although she's probably cost me more than those ugly box thingies...LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

I am at work and showed this to a couple of people. We all almost died laughing. That should be on a shirt. 

• Like 1

I am not rich by any means but I've given stuff to people who are in a harder position. If they talk about me like the comments I read in this thread than there really is no point in being nice to someone.

This thread also reminds me of how glad I am to not be living in NoVA anymore.

Being nice is one thing. My neighbor gave me a receiver when I was just getting into audio. My sister got a new saddle when she was just getting into horses. Cjloki gave me a little motherboard project thing for a CD player for my mom (thanks again cjloki : ) ). If you are rich and you are giving true and honest gifts, then it is just a non factor to me.

Dumping stuff on other people because you HAVE to have the best of the best and you don't want to hassle with selling the thing (tv in this case) or even returning it is totally different. Now I am assuming this is the case because andrew said it was a customer. So it is possible that the customer is like a neighbor or something who is simply being generous and then the story would probably restore my faith in humanity a little bit.

It all depends on what is going through the individuals mind when they are giving the gift. I have NOTHING against rich people giving gifts. I do have something against rich people being lazy or wasteful.

You don't seem to care how the economy works. Spending "wastefully" is great for everyone.

Shame that we sometimes have the tendency to lump entire groups of people into certain stereotypes because of one or two glaring examples.

I originally had this thread titled 'Ahhhh... dumb rich people' but I changed it on the one in a million chance my custom saw the post.

I originally had this thread titled 'Ahhhh... dumb rich people' but I changed it on the one in a million chance my custom saw the post.

The internet saves everything!!!

I'll trade you my Mitsubishi 65" CRT HDTV. Not only do you gain 5" diagonally. You also gain 2-3 feet in width, 2-3 feet in height, and ~300 pounds in weight. I can confirm that the DVI port does work on my set, so case solved.

Shame that we sometimes have the tendency to lump entire groups of people into certain stereotypes because of one or two glaring examples.

What was the point of changing it if you're just going to say all that in a post anyway? :P

Well I have it here and its all plugged in and it looks... tolerable for now, then again I have to connect everything through component RCA plugs because the HDMI ports dont work.

Also its from 2007 and its a plasma not an LCD, only 1366 x 768 too.

Vizio VM60P HDTV10A.

J8fkjy3l.jpg

Also its making annoying whining noise as well, I wonder what else is wrong with it that the guy neglected to mention.