Ahhhh... rich people

Andrewr05

Well I have it here and its all plugged in and it looks... tolerable for now, then again I have to connect everything through component RCA plugs because the HDMI ports dont work.

Also its from 2007 and its a plasma not an LCD, only 1366 x 768 too.

Vizio VM60P HDTV10A.

J8fkjy3l.jpg

Also its making annoying whining noise as well, I wonder what else is wrong with it that the guy neglected to mention.

"Neglected to mention." You're making it sound like the guy screwed you by giving you a free TV. :rolleyes:

Well I have it here and its all plugged in and it looks... tolerable for now, then again I have to connect everything through component RCA plugs because the HDMI ports dont work.

Also its from 2007 and its a plasma not an LCD, only 1366 x 768 too.

Vizio VM60P HDTV10A.

J8fkjy3l.jpg

Also its making annoying whining noise as well, I wonder what else is wrong with it that the guy neglected to mention.

"Neglected to mention." You're making it sound like the guy screwed you by giving you a free TV. :rolleyes:

I know right. Andrew, its FREE for goodness sakes, be glad it works.

On the bright side, most plasma TVs have better black levels and color accuracy than all but the best and newest LCD/LED models.

As for the whine.... tell me what area of the TV it's coming from and I can give you a recommended fix.

I know right. Andrew, its FREE for goodness sakes, be glad it works.

You guys are also forgetting the cost of disposal.

If I hadn't taken it for personal use I would have charged the guy ~$50+ to get rid of it, so had he lied about its condition (which I now see that he hasn't ) he would have essentially saved himself money and screwed me over.

As for the whine....

LOL. Thought you were talking about Andrew when you said that. :lol:

:tongue:

Everything seems to be good now, I think it was just whining because it hadn't come up to temperature?

The guy had it stored in his heated attic but it was off in a storage closet that appeared to be un insulated, so I think it was just cold.

So now, the part number for the board (that has EVERYTHING on it, as wevsspot said it is all one board except the power circuitry) is Vizio 3860-0032-0150, is it a gaurtantee since everything is all-in-one that this will fix it?

I can't imagine it wouldn't work, but I just want to make sure.

Andrew - replacing the board is technically the only thing that will fix the faulty HDMI ports (assuming the replacement board is either new or a tested used board).  Unfortunately you may have a hard time finding a replacement. That is a very common "problem" board and you'll have to catch a replacement when they come back in to stock.

I already mentioned ShopJimmy.com - I checked with them this morning and he is out of stock.  You can get on a mailing list and he will notify you when he harvests another batch.  Another good seller is; http://myworld.ebay.com/jamescindy7046?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Used main boards are going to run between $75 and $115 bucks.  Good luck trying to find a new board.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew - replacing the board is technically the only thing that will fix the faulty HDMI ports (assuming the replacement board is either new or a tested used board).  Unfortunately you may have a hard time finding a replacement. That is a very common "problem" board and you'll have to catch a replacement when they come back in to stock.

I already mentioned ShopJimmy.com - I checked with them this morning and he is out of stock.  You can get on a mailing list and he will notify you when he harvests another batch.  Another good seller is; http://myworld.ebay.com/jamescindy7046?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Used main boards are going to run between $75 and $115 bucks.  Good luck trying to find a new board.

So as I've stated the sound is screwy too and while doing some research I see that there is a separate 'audio' board as well as the 'main' board.

ykjjeSZl.png

So now I'm not sure I want to buy two separate boards at ~$100 a pop.