2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

Is that a Ruger Scout in the last picture?

Yes. Fun gun to shoot. Iron sights had me sold on it. The red dot is fun as well. Seen a number of people slap a scope on them but it's more of a utility gun than a precision gun so I opted out of a scope.

Is it sad that the first thing I noticed were the Magpul MBUS buis?

lol. They are pretty awesome sights. Magpul has them pretty much zeroed spot on for 100 yards right out of the box.

I think its a pretty cool gun.  10 round mag is just awesome and I do agree about it being a utility gun and not any sort of precision sniper rifle, however I do think that a low powered scope would be right at home on there.  I'm thinking somewhere around 2-4x would be just sweet.  In my eyes the Ruger Scout would be an excellent medium range tool.  I am hearing rumors that the Canadian Rangers may be replacing the outdated Lee Enfield 303 with the Ruger Scout.

My 10/22 had a scope on it for a while and one of the mounts came loose so I took it off.  I forgot how fun iron sights are so I've left the scope off and am enjoying the extra challenge.

Edited by feetfats

The ten round mags are pretty cool. Got one of the polymer 10 and 5 round mags. Not as pricy as the stock mag but I like the polymer more. Less wobble on the gun. Been thinking about a scout scope to try out. Or toss the leupold 4-12x off of the ar15 and see what kind of accuracy it is capable of. With that red dot it holds a good 5 inch group at 100 yards. Just curious with tossing the scope on to see what she can do. The gunsite people were getting good hits at 600 yards so it should do pretty decent at 100-200. Managing recoil while standing and shooting with the stock flash hider was pretty easy and with the brake it doesn't move a whole lot. Would be pretty cool if the Canadian rangers adopt it. Ruger has released a model with an 18" barrel. Kinda want to get a hold of ruger and see if they will sell just the barrel.

I'm still not sure if I'd want the tube fed or mag fed XT22... I know they make both, and IMHO tubefed is more streamline (and higher capacity) and bad ass looking but if it'd be a tough to find I guess I'd have to settle on the mag fed version.

• 6 months later...

Figured I'd post this in here too:

New Ruger 10/22 Takedown-

2tZeenA.jpg

Tomorrow I'm gonna go see about getting a low power scope or may even an 'el cheapo' reticule/red dot sight.

Love those guns. Wish i had an excuse to get one. How many does that mag hold?

PICTURE!

Tomorrow I'm gonna go see about getting a low power scope or may even an 'el cheapo' reticule/red dot sight.

Cool doug, reminds me I still wanna get a nice, long .22 bolty someday. I have my sister's inherited Marlin Model 75 if I want 10-22 like action....though there's no where to take rifles around here :(

I'm gonna guess 25?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

PICTURE!

Cool doug, reminds me I still wanna get a nice, long .22 bolty someday. I have my sister's inherited Marlin Model 75 if I want 10-22 like action....though there's no where to take rifles around here :(

I'm gonna guess 25?

Lol i noticed the number after i asked, though its awful tall for a 25. Or is it single stack?

I'll tell you a good excuse.  "JUST BECAUSE DAMN IT"

:)

Same reason I built an AR-15  :wallbash:

Good reason, but i'd probably build an AR before i buy another .22 i can't find any practical reason for more than .22 rifles at this point.

On the general firearms topic:

I read this article about dogs in Scotland today and i struck me how similar their arguments are to the anti gun crowd in the US. I mean really, micro-chipping and muzzling all the law abiding people's dogs will stop those feral dogs or irresponsible people's dogs from biting people? Sounds real similar to the remove the law abiding citizens guns but not the ones that will cause trouble... Its laughable, and whats really laughable is an anti-gun family member laughed at it till i pointed out the similarities to their stance, then they started defending it...