2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

Maybe next monday I will get some picks of various handguns and a few rifles I will get to fire at the range. The treat will be the desert eagle .50 pistol and a .44mag lever action rifle :)

My dad is really itching for some kind of lever action rifle lol

I love mine, lever action Marlin 30-30. Rock solid dependable rifle, been in the family for a long time dead accurate at 200yds iron and nice groupings even further out with a good scope. Nice short profile for the thick woods round here and plenty of stopping power.

I'll pass that along!

I love mine, lever action Marlin 30-30.

They are OK I guess, but if you want the best you'll have to get a Winchester 94 :P

Edited by Phil

told my coworker that's taking his lever actions to the range with me about this and his answer was leave both winchester and marlin on the shelf and leave the store with a savage lol I will be taking some still photos and maybe some video of us at the range on Monday so I will link my YouTube channel after I get them uploaded

Everything has its quirks, I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with whatever you get.

Just make sure you research the gun and get a good deal on it, that way if you REALLY don't like it you know at least you can sell it for a profit.

yup academy and 1 seller on gunbroker had the Taurus pt709 slim for $300 when I bought mine and I seen it at a gun store last weekend for $369

Yeah but with the 3% credit card fee, ~$25+ shipping, $30-$50 state to state transfer fee, and the $16 NCIS fee (AND tax)... Gun Broker's seemingly good deals become a joke. I calculated that my 22A1 would have cost me ~$450 if I purchased it on GB instead of the $349+$16+Tax=~$389 at the store.

I think gun broker may only be worth if the price is stupidly low or if you're buying something used that you could not possibly find in the store

That's still not bad depending on how much the ffl dealer charges to do the transfer. Some charge 30-100 for incoming ffl transfer so most of the time buying in store is the same as online or more in some cases. Plus it's a big hassle to buy online. Unlile what the national media/democrats say with their mythical 'loophole'.

That's still not bad depending on how much the ffl dealer charges to do the transfer. Some charge 30-100 for incoming ffl transfer so most of the time buying in store is the same as online or more in some cases. Plus it's a big hassle to buy online. Unlile what the national media/democrats say with their mythical 'loophole'.