Overclocking Causing Software Issues?

johnace01

Yep, run Prime95, see if you get any errors, and use Realtemp or HWmonitor to see where the temperatures are. I would open Event Viewer and see if you can get more information of about these errors and crashes you are getting. Be careful though, not every "error" in Event Viewer is really bad. I know a there is a least one on my computer that comes up a lot that Microsoft says to just ignore because its a bug in SP1 for Windows 7.

Okay so the internet in my house has been down for a few days and I come back to all these 'You are screwed' comments. So I ran Intel Burn Test and good lord I wasn't expecting that. I ran it for about 10 seconds just to see what is what and it jumped up to 95c.

Need to underclock and get a decent cooler. Cheers for the help guys!

Okay so the internet in my house has been down for a few days and I come back to all these 'You are screwed' comments. So I ran Intel Burn Test and good lord I wasn't expecting that. I ran it for about 10 seconds just to see what is what and it jumped up to 95c.

Need to underclock and get a decent cooler. Cheers for the help guys!

Glad we could help you :D

My brother had a 8400 at 4.82 bench stable, but with a tower cooler of course... He had some records back in the days ;)

So it is definitely possible. His voltages where really high though

Edited by medbor

My brother had a 8400 at 4.82 bench stable, but with a tower cooler of course... He had some records back in the days ;)

So it is definitely possible. His voltages where really high though

yeah but not with a stock cooler lol. No one can do that.