Smart Phone Comparison

Fogel

Which Smart Phone do you prefer? (say why below)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Smart Phone would you pick if buying today?

• Sony Xperia T / TX
    • HTC One X
    • Samsung Galaxy S3
    • Nokia Lumia 920
    • iPhone 5
    • Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx
    • (other - specify in topic)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I don't have a smart phone)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I do HAVE a smart phone)

I'm sure the shipping costs wouldn't make it worth it. :lol:

So the Galaxy player operating system can't be updated? Or is the only way thru root and rom?

It sounds like you and your family do have quite the collection of electronics, nice ones too!

Oh I've relatives in the US so that's an easy thing to do :ph34r:

I don't remember exactly whether it's stuck at Froyo or Gingerbread but yeah, it's stuck at 2.x. No ICS or JB support. So, like Stonerboy suggested, might as well go to XDA and customize the crap out of that thing (like what he plans to do to that Optimus 2X)

I'm proud to say that I still have an MP3 disc player sitting somewhere in the house. You know, those handheld clamshell players where you stick in a Music CD and plug your headphones in it :biggrin:

I haven't contributed much but I've been following this thread for a while. I still can't decide on what I want. I've got a t-mobile galaxy s2, got it in January. I don't know what smart phone I'd want if I upgrade, and I don't even know if I'm going to upgrade anytime soon.

I say don't upgrade if you don't need anything better than the S II. It's a great phone actually and, IIRC, it's getting JB this month. :thumbsup:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this thread is helping someone. :lol:

I will make a decision and when I do I will try to like my thread ...not! Seriously though, the entire point of this thread was to put all my research into one place so anyone else in the same decision mode can go to one spot and not read 20 articles looking for a spec.

Have I ever told you that you are worse than a woman to making up your mind? nothing but love for you brother LOL

I could use the extra ram, better processor, and bigger screen, but I don't really need it. I'd rather keep my 600 clams, but an s3 would be nice if I got a free one. :lol: My mom and brother both have it, I'm kind of jelly. My dad and I have the s2.

I could use the extra ram, better processor, and bigger screen, but I don't really need it. I'd rather keep my 600 clams, but an s3 would be nice if I got a free one. :lol: My mom and brother both have it, I'm kind of jelly. My dad and I have the s2.

Swap it with your mom's and tell her it's the S4 :ph34r:

EDIT: Oh and Fogel, just to add some Poison, You might want to consider the One X+ and WP 8X :haha:

Edited by vandreadstriker

I'd love to do that. :lol: However, one time she found an iphone 4 laying around. We tried to return it but couldn't figure out who's it was etc, so we kept it. After talking for a while, she gave it to me. It was a huge upgrade from my Samsung dumb phone. This was over 2 years ago and she still brings it up. :lol:

Sad to see nobody else looking forward to the Lumia 920 :( I think its in with a chance for Phone of the Year tbh!

Nope, certainly not for me. Nothing about windows mobile appeals to me whatsoever. Also so long as Apple has the consumer population by the testicles no phone is going to get a fair run.

The 920 may have killer hardware but I'm still skeptical about the WP8 ecosystem and in general the apps and quality of those apps available for it.

The reason is I actually own a Lumia 710 (WP7.5) and I have not been too impressed. The ecosystem is just too small as is right now. Many of the special apps you want just aren't there. And even when the apps are there, let's take popular messaging apps such as Whatsapp/WeChat for example, the feature set is a generation behind their Android/iOS counterparts. Skype is the only one in WP8 known to be much better since it's now owned by Microsoft and they'll fully integrate it to WP8.

The only thing Nokia has going for it in terms of apps is Nokia Drive.

I love Nokia but I don't know about WP8 at this point. Need to take a wait and see approach...

Sad to see nobody else looking forward to the Lumia 920 :( I think its in with a chance for Phone of the Year tbh!

I mentioned the 920 earlier in the post. WP8 will probably kill it though, if it was an Android phone it would probably sell well. I talked to an AT&T rep while a friend was looking for a new phone, they are heavily panning the Lumia 900 and 920. No clue if this is what they are being told to do, or if the guy was really talking from personal usage... it's hard to trust sales people.

Have I ever told you that you are worse than a woman to making up your mind? nothing but love for you brother LOL

LOL

:rofl:

I definitely like one trying to make this decision! Though in fairness, a chick would just pick a phone. I know one girl who went through 3 phones in one month.

It is the lame contract part that is muddying up the decision. That is $30 extra per month for two years - $720 + $200 for the phone. You know the PC I could put together for that cash flow that would put any smart phone to shame? I could buy all 3 next gen consoles ...even a worthless Wii U for that.

Oh dear Fogel.. You better make your mind up quick.. Or else...

Samsung mobile head confirms 4-inch Galaxy S III mini announcement tomorrow (10/11/12) :ph34r:

It needs it. I can hold the S3 fairly comfortably if I keep it still in my hand but it definitely takes up most of my palm and will always have to be a 2 hand phone. I don't find it quite as responsive as the IP5 either. Some tasks the S3 is very fast and smooth on and others it is a little clunky on. I would almost rather see a performance upgrade more so than a form factor update. Don't get me wrong the S3 is good and fast but it is coming up on its 6 month droid cycle. Though if Samsung keeps its current cycle going the S4 won't release till next May. Perhaps Jelly Bean will make it competitive again.

I would love to be able to compare it side by side the the LG Optimus G coming out. Looks like Sprint is the only option for the Optimus G as the AT&T version is gimped (8MP camera vs 13MP with Sprint), though Sprint doesn't have 4G LTE so perhaps it is the most gimped. If there was a non-gimped version on Verizon I would go with the LG. If Sprint had 4G LTE I would have no probs switching to Sprint - would love that unlimited data.

That was not what I meant.. The longer you take to decide, more options would be released, and you'll take a longer time to decide, and newer poducts would be released... :no:

2/10, shoulda added a keyboard while they were at it or not bother!

Edited by IVIYTH0S