What To Do

cferg10

I currently have two superclocked GTX 570s in SLI and I am wondering if I should go ahead and try to sell them now and upgrade to the 6xx series or should I keep them and wait for something else.

If they are performing well to you then there is no reason to upgrade.

What resolution are you gaming at ?

If they are not performing well to you, then I'd say stay with them until Nvidia releases the GK110 for their GTX700 series and until AMD releases their HD8000 series

Edited by Midnight Rider

Keep them. You're not going to get more than $380 for the lot of them unless you're lucky, and it about matches a single overclocked GTX 680, which will be about $60 more. Plus, there shouldn't be any games you can't play on a single GTX 570, much less two in SLI, unless you're going for the max graphics settings for everything.

Cferg - I agree with Midnight and the Capitan. We don't know what resolution you're gaming at or whether you are running multiple monitors, or even what games you like to play. But just at first blush I cant see you needing anything more than what you've got unless you just have the upgrade bug :) or gaming with multiple monitors or resolutions higher than 1920x1200 or 2560x1440.

Keep them. You're not going to get more than $380 for the lot of them unless you're lucky, and it about matches a single overclocked GTX 680, which will be about $60 more. Plus, there shouldn't be any games you can't play on a single GTX 570, much less two in SLI, unless you're going for the max graphics settings for everything.

stupid.gif

What he said. Either that or send me those cards and I'll pay ya $200. XD

Thanks for the replies guys, I just have a bad upgrade bug that hits me every few months. The 570s are fine, I just am thinking about selling them now instead of later so that I can get a little more money. If I did perhaps sell them I would just ante up and buy two 670s and SLI those even though it is way overkill

Thanks for the replies guys, I just have a bad upgrade bug that hits me every few months. The 570s are fine, I just am thinking about selling them now instead of later so that I can get a little more money. If I did perhaps sell them I would just ante up and buy two 670s and SLI those even though it is way overkill

Haha this sounds like me except I have a terrible upgrade bug that hits me ever few weeks :P