New Monitor

flareback

SUPER Macro picture (from my crappy Sony point and shoot):

DSC02118.jpg

From about 6 inches away (so you can't see the individual elements...and yes my hand isn't steady enough for a perfectly clear picture):

DSC02121.jpg

I'm not sure I'd call that blurry. :lol: Individual pixels are extremely sharp and if I had a better steady-hand I'd be able to take a non-crappy picture of it. :P

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blurry text? Need I take a picture of my 42" monitor to show how amazingly sharp it is? :teehee:

You haven't seen sharp until you calibrate a 2560x1440 display :P. Seriously, the pixel density is stunning. High res photos look AMAZING, and even getting right up to it you are hard pressed to discern a single pixel. Even coming from my 1920x1200 TN panel it's like putting a GSIII right next to an original GS.

Even though its harder to max games now, I could never go back to a standard HD res monitor...WQHD FTW!

Sadly the sellers have caught on, and rose the prices substantially...the PCBank model I got 2 1/2 months ago with the slightly higher Contrast/Response time for $300 "Pixel Perfect" is now $527! Still hundreds cheaper then a name branded version with the same internals, but not nearly as good a deal. The Catleaps are up to $410 for a Pixel Perfect version. It looks like either the stock of good ones is low, or they don't have enough time to check them anymore since the non Pixel Perfect ones have not rose too much in price, and are now around $300, but the Pixel Perfect versions have skyrocketed.

Edited by Puck

• 3 weeks later...

Been following this thread with interest, I am looking to upgrade to a 30 or 32 inch, maybe even a 40 /42 !! I know the Dell 30" is great but what would you guys recommend

for a nice sharp gaming monitor for around $500 / 600 ?

My GPU is a EVGA GTX 580 (Black Ops Edition) that has HDMI out.

Buster.

Edited by Busterbvi

Nope, have just been following the topic closely since February of this year. I first tuned into it over at OCN, another forum that I visit occasionally. It started out as a "club" for the Catleaps, and quickly grew to include other S.Korean "branded" units. I've done a ton of research, talked to a lot of people and investigated via my internal sources (our company does a bunch of LCD / LED / Plasma factory reconditioning for many of the major brands and retailers).

I would already own one if it weren't for the lack of HDCP though. Well, that and I'm having a hard time giving up my premium Acer 24" 1920x1200 monitor that I've had for a couple years. It's really been a jewel.

There are fairly cheap cables online that strip HDCP so you wouldn't have to worry about that.