New Monitor

flareback

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Dell Ultrasharp is a sweet monitor, it doesn't come close to the value/price proposition of one of the 27" Korean IPS monitors IMHO.

Oh of course, I just meant it's the best runner up for anyone who is overly cautious and distrusting of the korean panels. I for one am not going to downgrade to 1080P like the market would try to make me under $300 in the 24" range. I'll do 16:9 but only if it's an upgrade in resolution so that I wouldn't notice the switch. I take it you bought one Wev??

Nope, have just been following the topic closely since February of this year. I first tuned into it over at OCN, another forum that I visit occasionally. It started out as a "club" for the Catleaps, and quickly grew to include other S.Korean "branded" units. I've done a ton of research, talked to a lot of people and investigated via my internal sources (our company does a bunch of LCD / LED / Plasma factory reconditioning for many of the major brands and retailers).

I would already own one if it weren't for the lack of HDCP though. Well, that and I'm having a hard time giving up my premium Acer 24" 1920x1200 monitor that I've had for a couple years. It's really been a jewel.

Nope, have just been following the topic closely since February of this year. I first tuned into it over at OCN, another forum that I visit occasionally. It started out as a "club" for the Catleaps, and quickly grew to include other S.Korean "branded" units. I've done a ton of research, talked to a lot of people and investigated via my internal sources (our company does a bunch of LCD / LED / Plasma factory reconditioning for many of the major brands and retailers).

I would already own one if it weren't for the lack of HDCP though. Well, that and I'm having a hard time giving up my premium Acer 24" 1920x1200 monitor that I've had for a couple years. It's really been a jewel.

Understandable. I wouldn't be so keen in upgrading if my 24" wasn't a TN panel. I've been wanting to check out IPS for a while now. So it'd be an upgrade on three fronts. The one is a gift and a curse (resolution) because I'd have to upgrade my graphics card more often to keep up. Then again it probably won't be THAT much more stressful. But the lack of HDCP is the primary deterrant at this time for me as well

One of those 27" IPS panels will be my next monitor...whenever my beastly 42" monitor dies. :lol: It just keeps on truckin'. :biggrin:

That'll be a change, going from 42" to 27". You won't have to sit in the next room over.

One of those 27" IPS panels will be my next monitor...whenever my beastly 42" monitor dies. :lol: It just keeps on truckin'. :biggrin:

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself..."when my 24" dies, when my 24" dies....DIE DIE DIE!" lol

That'll be a change, going from 42" to 27". You won't have to sit in the next room over.

And squint at blurry text :P

Blurry text? Need I take a picture of my 42" monitor to show how amazingly sharp it is? :teehee:

I was aiming at just rustling your jimmies but I would actually be interested in seeing how sharp it is. I just couldn't imagine it terribly so

I was aiming at just rustling your jimmies but I would actually be interested in seeing how sharp it is. I just couldn't imagine it terribly so

Gimme a few minutes. :lol:

It's a large format display - it's easily as sharp as any LCD I've seen (TN, IPS, whatever). :cheers: