Favorite Handgun Manufacturer

InCrYsIs

Favorite Handgun Manufacturer  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Hand Gun Manufacturer(s)?

I guess that explains this!

Oh, wait..

You know that is a skewed stat right? You have to use a per capita stat rather than a total stat as the population in the U.S. is higher than most of the others on that list. You need to start donating to the Obama camp, they love people like you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that explains this!

Oh, wait..

What sort of crimes are those in your link? I'm pretty sure that includes all crimes not just violent crimes with a gun. Also the population of the U.S.A is over 300 million, population of the U.K. about 60 million. So the U.S.A had just under twice as many crimes but has 5 times as many people. Let's also not forget what is at the bottom of the graph you linked to

DEFINITION: Note: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.

I'd rather you explain this out of Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RDWltHxRc

What sort of crimes are those in your link? I'm pretty sure that includes all crimes not just violent crimes with a gun. Also the population of the U.S.A is over 300 million, population of the U.K. about 60 million. So the U.S.A had just under twice as many crimes but has 5 times as many people. Let's also not forget what is at the bottom of the graph you linked to

I'd rather you explain this out of Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RDWltHxRc

This is what will happen here if the gungrabbers get their way. The only way that the govt may get my guns is if they are at the door and have me at gunpoint. A simple threat of jail won't do it.

When someone here can explain why they need military level weaponary for "protection" I may be more understanding of the US and its guns.

I don't see issues with rifles and shot guns especially for hunters and farmers.

However other weaponary, fully automatic weapons, heavy weaponary and so on, how are those for "protection". Hell even just a standard side arm because you hear stories every bloody week out of the US about some shooting or other.

I remember one about a man shooting a salesman that was on his land because that was perfectly reasonable. However after the first shot took the man down a second shot was fired effectively just exicuting a man.

I would feel oh so safe knowing every bloody idiot could get their hands on guns because its their "right".

I have very little experience with handguns short of the many 1911s I've fired and the .22 target pistols I have.

High Standard Supermatic Trophy

Ruger MKII

Colt Woodsman

All fantastic pistols, though I prefer the looks and feel of the HighStandard.

When someone here can explain why they need military level weaponary for "protection" I may be more understanding of the US and its guns.

I don't see issues with rifles and shot guns especially for hunters and farmers.

However other weaponary, fully automatic weapons, heavy weaponary and so on, how are those for "protection". Hell even just a standard side arm because you hear stories every bloody week out of the US about some shooting or other.

I remember one about a man shooting a salesman that was on his land because that was perfectly reasonable. However after the first shot took the man down a second shot was fired effectively just exicuting a man.

I would feel oh so safe knowing every bloody idiot could get their hands on guns because its their "right".

I can tell you pretty easy why I need automatic weapons. THE GOVERNMENT HAS THEM. /END

Actually this thread is getting off track. Lets get back to favorite hand guns and why.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I can tell you pretty easy why I need automatic weapons. THE GOVERNMENT HAS THEM. /END

Actually this thread is getting off track. Lets get back to favorite hand guns and why.

because I don't have a favorite. I'll be looking a lot more closely at them in the next month though so I'll have an opinion then.

They don't, and I don't know why you'd conclude that. Most people who own AK's and AR's are enthusiasts and shoot them at the range or just love owning them. It's funny how everyone wants to ban them every time there is a shooting with one, (or with a totally unrelated gun) ignoring the fact that there were 20 million of them that weren't used in a crime. And also for the record, AR's are just semi autos dressed up in "tactical" clothing, they basically work the same as my Marlin Model 60 .22. They are called "assault rifles" by the anti gun organizations to demonize them. And by BTW, in case anyone wants to talk about magazine capacity, my Model 60 holds 19 rounds. 16 year old farm kids have been massacring woodchucks in their mother's gardens with them for decades.

Oh yeah, I'm partial to Rugers, especially single action revolvers.

Edited by Phil

because I don't have a favorite. I'll be looking a lot more closely at them in the next month though so I'll have an opinion then.

It's fine to talk about other things pertaining to guns. Just don't want a flame war to start about the 2nd amendment. We all know how things can turn sour in some threads around here.

The flaw with that line of thinking is that most rifle calibers used in hunting are more powerful then your so called "military grade" weapons. M4/M16 is .556 nato. Some of the calibers my family uses for hunting are .308, 30-06, etc. Look at .556 here and compare it to the 30-06. Quite a bit of difference. So how does it make sense to say that hunting rifles are ok but these evil horrible military grade weapons aren't? You can get both in semi auto. And fully auto weapons are not that common really. The costs associated with just being able to buy one are insane. And even if everyone was able to easily own one...all fully auto does is waste ammo. I just took my M4/M9 qualification less than a month ago and even the instructor said that there is no real benefit to full auto. He said use semi auto for when they are far away and burst for closer situations. Full auto is just too inaccurate and excessive for any small arms use especially when semi and burst can be just as effective and way more accurate.

And as for shotguns...if I was going to be shot I would much rather be hit with a "military grade" .556 rifle than a shotgun...